300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kashihara View Post

I wouldn't expect anyone here to provide you much information about the polygraph examination for obvious reasons. The best thing you can do is a) not ask questions/think too much the polygraph exam itself and b) answer the questions of the examiner truthfully.

Thanks, but that was no my reason for posting that comment you are speaking of. I was simply stating no one commented about it. In other threads that I am active in, people have said something about their wonderful experience that day with the polygraph. It isn't everyone's favorite part of the process, that's all.

Like I said in my previous statement, I have taken one before and would not divulge any pertinent info about it, nor would I expect anyone to do the same.
    "Sometimes you have to be able choose the harder right over the easier wrong" ~~ Dr. M.H

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~~ Edmund Burke

Comment

• the polygraph for BPD is the same as any other PD that i have applied for, an old fashion machine. The one i took for the feds was on a computer however. Do not wait for an electric response either from recruiting. i took the questioneer online and i got a response 8 months later while already in the academy, your better off calling and speaking to a live person....do not leave a message.
      "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
        Can you define "wont work".

Can you guys run stuff over them and just not write reports or is it just a dead box sitting upfront.

I could see myself getting rather upset when MVA takes forever to respond...but to have a dead box all the time must be annoying. Does everything go through the dispatcher? Like running someone or getting calls?
        most of them dont turn on at all, so they basically are just trays. most of everything is called through dispatch and they run ncic/mva and such. its very time consuming, especially when the radio is tied up.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
          most of them dont turn on at all, so they basically are just trays. most of everything is called through dispatch and they run ncic/mva and such. its very time consuming, especially when the radio is tied up.
          That's ashame and IMHO needs to be fixed. You can not expect a police force to function with their hands being tied. That's ashame and someone on the city council needs to take note. Think of how many more clearances/arrests would come if you guys had atleast MVA/NCIC at your fingertips.

Comment

• as of today all of the NW post vehicles are getting laptops...yay...but i still cant log into mine after calling the IT dept 5 times.
            "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• Called recruiting today. The out of state testing is said to be the weekend of Sept. 12th, but it is not set in stone. Time to stretch these hamstrings, the sit and reach is my downfall.
              "Sometimes you have to be able choose the harder right over the easier wrong" ~~ Dr. M.H

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~~ Edmund Burke

Comment

• Originally posted by rleejr79 View Post
                Called recruiting today. The out of state testing is said to be the weekend of Sept. 12th, but it is not set in stone. Time to stretch these hamstrings, the sit and reach is my downfall.
                Yep, the sit and reach can be the downfall of the otherwise somewhat fit, especially if you are a tall person like myself. A few folks did not pass this part of the PAT when I went through the four day out of state process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kashihara View Post
                  Yep, the sit and reach can be the downfall of the otherwise somewhat fit, especially if you are a tall person like myself. A few folks did not pass this part of the PAT when I went through the four day out of state process.
                  On an average person...say 5'10, does that put you at touching the toes?

Comment

• im 6'5" and have no problem with the sit and reach. if you stretch out for about a week, you shouldnt have any problems. do butterfly stretches along with hamstrings (toe touch). remember to exhale fully as you reach.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                      im 6'5" and have no problem with the sit and reach. if you stretch out for about a week, you shouldnt have any problems. do butterfly stretches along with hamstrings (toe touch). remember to exhale fully as you reach.
                      Co-sign on this. I have never been able to touch my toes even as a kid. A couple weeks before my test I started stretching every day. I had no problem at the pt test. If possible get someone to help you. You'll be fine. Sadly I'm back to my old non flexible self.

Comment

• Thanks for the input guys. Recruiting finally got back to me, it is $1000 more for a 4-yr degree. I have searched regarding retirement. The only info I see is that it is 20 years. What is the percentage? Or how does it work for you guys?

Thanks again.
                        Last edited by rleejr79; 08-16-2008, 03:08 PM. Reason: No trip to DC due to the accident on 70 that I was stuck in!

Comment

• Originally posted by Icekold View Post
                          Co-sign on this. I have never been able to touch my toes even as a kid. A couple weeks before my test I started stretching every day. I had no problem at the pt test. If possible get someone to help you. You'll be fine. Sadly I'm back to my old non flexible self.
                          And, regular stretching, as you get older, is a great way to ward off injuries, too.

Comment

• Hey all, I'm taking the test for Baltimore City next Monday here in New York. The recruiter told me on the phone I have to wear a suit & tie etc. Any ideas as to what to expect? Any response or p.m.'s would be great. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJets44288 View Post
                              Hey all, I'm taking the test for Baltimore City next Monday here in New York. The recruiter told me on the phone I have to wear a suit & tie etc. Any ideas as to what to expect? Any response or p.m.'s would be great. Thanks.
                              the written is fairly easy. its mostly common knowledge/sense type things.

Comment

• What goes on afterwards that requires the suit & tie?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6279 users online. 292 members and 5987 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X