300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rleejr79 View Post
    Read this whole thread through. I am interested in the department and looking into applying. For those that work BPD, why BPD and not other departments? Rather hear it from the guys that work there or are in the academy and not recruiters on the phone. No hidden agenda, just a question. Thanks.
    personally, i came to BPD for the quick processing, and the greater chance to being able to advance within the ranks or to a specialized unit. also, BPD officers have the means to gain experience very fast, if it comes down to wanting/having to transfer to another agency.

Comment

• i came here for the free food
      "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerWoody View Post
        i came here for the free food

free food? where? best i get is half price! hahaha.

dont listen to tigerwoody, we dont take free food, its unethical.

Comment

• i was just kidding....no free food but you get a discount if you choose to take it....honestly you can move up very fast in this department and gain a vast array of knowledge in very little time. heck, i saw my first homicide the first week i was on....very stinky. the only gripe i have is that there are no mobile workstations in the vehicle and all the reports are done by hand.
          "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerWoody View Post
            the only gripe i have is that there are no mobile workstations in the vehicle and all the reports are done by hand.
            i second this, and half of the mobile workstations that we do have, dont work. the past post car that i worked had a computer that wouldnt even turn on.

dont get me wrong, im not complaining. i dont mind hand writing and we can use whiteout, if needed, but having the ability to pull up driver info (picture id), wanted info, etc... right in the car would be great.

ps, tigerwoody, i hear you are a ninja now. hahaha

Comment

• I actually talked to one of the guys who's installing the workstations and he told me that all the mounts they had were for crown vics and they are slowly getting the right sizes in for the Impala's. Thats what the big hold up is according to him.

Comment

• Wait....so Baltimore City does not even having working KDT's in the car? Everything has to be hand wrote? I could not imagine hand writing some of my reports.....easily fill out 5-10 pages typed. No thank you.

And here I thought Baltimore County had **** poor equipment....

Comment

• Makes me love Havre de Grace even more. lol

My gripe is that we only have 40 officers, are a small agency, so we don't have many, if any at all, specialized units. We have 1 K9, 2 Detectives, 5 bike cops, 1 accident recon., and 1 School Resource.

Looking to eventually get our own Crime Scene Unit, SRT Team, Motors Unit, and some others, granted, if we get the manpower.
                  The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                  that we are all that stands between
                  the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

• thats great about the mounts, but are they getting all new computers too? the post car i had most recently with a broken station was an impala. they have had comps in impalas for a while now, they just dont work. i have also had a CV with a broken workstation.

the installer can tell you whatever, but you'll see when you get out there.

Comment

• Can you define "wont work".

Can you guys run stuff over them and just not write reports or is it just a dead box sitting upfront.

I could see myself getting rather upset when MVA takes forever to respond...but to have a dead box all the time must be annoying. Does everything go through the dispatcher? Like running someone or getting calls?

Comment

• I do not have a terminal in my car, so I have to run people and tags through Dispatch. All our calls come through dispatch.
                        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
                          I do not have a terminal in my car, so I have to run people and tags through Dispatch. All our calls come through dispatch.
                          No thankyou. Possible with the small amount of officers at your department this works...when the one I work with goes down the world seems to end. One could call it "spoiled" I suppose.

Comment

• Thanks for the input guys. Filled out the information questionnaire thing online that is sent to Recruiting a while ago, not getting an answer back. I will be calling recruiting tomorrow to see when the next out of state testing process is.

Nobody commented on the polygraph within this thread. Normal polygraph as others? I took one already for another department and would rather be beaten with a baseball bat for twenty mins than go through that again....
                            "Sometimes you have to be able choose the harder right over the easier wrong" ~~ Dr. M.H

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~~ Edmund Burke

Comment

• I am due for an MDT in my new Vic, however, calls will still come through dispatch, but will show on the terminals (not yet, however).

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

• Get In On It

Originally posted by rleejr79 View Post
                                Thanks for the input guys. Filled out the information questionnaire thing online that is sent to Recruiting a while ago, not getting an answer back. I will be calling recruiting tomorrow to see when the next out of state testing process is.

Nobody commented on the polygraph within this thread. Normal polygraph as others? I took one already for another department and would rather be beaten with a baseball bat for twenty mins than go through that again....
                                If you want information definitely give recruitment a call, or several. I wouldn't expect a reply from any electronic requests for information. Starting this thread yielded me more information on the department and the out of state process than any of the recruitment literature or information from their BPD website.

I wouldn't expect anyone here to provide you much information about the polygraph examination for obvious reasons. The best thing you can do is a) not ask questions/think too much the polygraph exam itself and b) answer the questions of the examiner truthfully.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10365 users online. 449 members and 9916 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X