Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .................................................. ......................
    Last edited by Tee.Elle.; 08-31-2010, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
      just wait till you get run 4 miles with the major and stop to do 8 count bb's at the promanade, and on broadway in fells point.
      Oh dear God. lol

Comment

• Have a couple of quick questions didn't want to make a new thread for this so I thought I would just ask them in this thread.

What is the daily attire for the Baltimore City Academy? Is it a suit everyday or just a dress shirt and tie or something different?

Also been looking around and I can't find the exact address to the academy if someone could help me find that it would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance
        Last edited by Slythefox; 08-04-2008, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Per my understanding they just moved or are about to move the Academy to some place off of Park Heights (not a nice area).

With no AC in the new building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slythefox View Post
            Have a couple of quick questions didn't want to make a new thread for this so I thought I would just ask them in this thread.

What is the daily attire for the Baltimore City Academy? Is it a suit everyday or just a dress shirt and tie or something different?

Also been looking around and I can't find the exact address to the academy if someone could help me find that it would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance
            Daily attire is regular issue blue police shirt with Baltimore Police on the shoulders and wacky err, khaki pants. OR, depending on the curriculum, blue BDU's, boots, and Class printed T-Shirt with your last name on it. The new academy is in the old Pimlico middle school at Park Heights and Northern Parkway. Yes it has no Central Air but it's not a hot box by any means. Well the gym is, but the rest of the classes and hallways and the cafeteria are quite comfortable even on the hottest days so far. Those window units are adequate. Oh and FREE PARKING! Did I mention the free parking?

Oh and I just thought I'd mention our run today with the commissioner. Not sure of past commissioners, but I've been in the academy for 3 months now and I've seen him at least 6 or 7 times. (Once when he just happened to see our class and hopped outta his SUV while we were out on a 4 mile run.) From my standpoint as a trainee, I admire him for not only his visibility and genuine interest in our LE education, but also through the words he gives us and his actions (the foot chase 2 weeks ago for starters) it's quite clear that he means business. There's no question about it. Maybe that opinion will change once I hit the streets, but for now, to me at least, he's the effin MAN!
            Last edited by Icekold; 08-05-2008, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Icekold View Post
              Daily attire is regular issue blue police shirt with Baltimore Police on the shoulders and wacky err, khaki pants. OR, depending on the curriculum, blue BDU's, boots, and Class printed T-Shirt with your last name on it. The new academy is in the old Pimlico middle school at Park Heights and Northern Parkway. Yes it has no Central Air but it's not a hot box by any means. Well the gym is, but the rest of the classes and hallways and the cafeteria are quite comfortable even on the hottest days so far. Those window units are adequate. Oh and FREE PARKING! Did I mention the free parking?

Oh and I just thought I'd mention our run today with the commissioner. Not sure of past commissioners, but I've been in the academy for 3 months now and I've seen him at least 6 or 7 times. (Once when he just happened to see our class and hopped outta his SUV while we were out on a 4 mile run.) From my standpoint as a trainee, I admire him for not only his visibility and genuine interest in our LE education, but also through the words he gives us and his actions (the foot chase 2 weeks ago for starters) it's quite clear that he means business. There's no question about it. Maybe that opinion will change once I hit the streets, but for now, to me at least, he's the effin MAN!

Thanks for the quick response I am 95% percent sure I am going to be in the 08-04 academy class and these are questions I keep forgetting to ask my background investigator. Great to hear about the free parking.

I got one more quick question what is a standard hourly day at the academy? 7-3? 8-4? or longer. I understand some days could be longer then others but just on average.

thanks again

Comment

• The one thing to keep in mind about "Free" parking is it's VERY easy for the instructors to walk around and look at your vehicle.....That's an easy way to turn a fun day into a really LONG day.

Is the city commish getting into foot chases? That's kind of cool if so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slythefox View Post
                  Thanks for the quick response I am 95% percent sure I am going to be in the 08-04 academy class and these are questions I keep forgetting to ask my background investigator. Great to hear about the free parking.

I got one more quick question what is a standard hourly day at the academy? 7-3? 8-4? or longer. I understand some days could be longer then others but just on average.

thanks again
                  Check ur PM's

Comment

• Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
                    The one thing to keep in mind about "Free" parking is it's VERY easy for the instructors to walk around and look at your vehicle.....That's an easy way to turn a fun day into a really LONG day.

Is the city commish getting into foot chases? That's kind of cool if so.

What are they looking for?

Also, anyone here recently start with a 4 year degree? If so, how much of a bump is there in pay?
                    "Sometimes you have to be able choose the harder right over the easier wrong" ~~ Dr. M.H

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~~ Edmund Burke

Comment

• Instructors have been known to scan cars for violations. Such as tint, out of state people not registering, loose issued police equipment visible in the car, expired registration (you'd be surprised) and a host of other easy things to "complain" about.

Comment

Instructors have been known to scan cars for violations. Such as tint, out of state people not registering, loose issued police equipment visible in the car, expired registration (you'd be surprised) and a host of other easy things to "complain" about.
                        Happened to a classmate on Friday in Sykesville. Dont show up at EVOC without your car being squared away. They dont mess with the cars in the parking lot at Pimlico yet though cause there's just too damn many of them. LOL

Comment

Instructors have been known to scan cars for violations. Such as tint
                          But I hate hot leather seats

If need be, as for a job opportunity....so be it
                          Last edited by rleejr79; 08-05-2008, 09:12 PM.
                          "Sometimes you have to be able choose the harder right over the easier wrong" ~~ Dr. M.H

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~~ Edmund Burke

Comment

• Originally posted by rleejr79 View Post
                            What are they looking for?

Also, anyone here recently start with a 4 year degree? If so, how much of a bump is there in pay?
                            its like a grand. its more of a pain in the *** to get than its worth.

Comment

• Commissioner Bealefeld also ran with us a while back, i think it was 08-02's first day.

Comment

• Read this whole thread through. I am interested in the department and looking into applying. For those that work BPD, why BPD and not other departments? Rather hear it from the guys that work there or are in the academy and not recruiters on the phone. No hidden agenda, just a question. Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9014 users online. 434 members and 8580 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X