Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happens, I just hope they don't cancel the Oct 2nd class lol

Comment

• So I had my physical today. Lots of people there (maybe 60 or more). I passed so I hope this is a sign of the rest of my app process. They didn't give me any instructions so I guess I should call recruitment on Monday to see where I stand with my app date?
      BPD

Written - 9/17/09 - Passed
      PAT - 9/26/09 - Passed

Comment

• I was there today for the fitness test and passed as well. Hope they have a class after this Oct 2 too. From what I hear we got done with our test pretty fast. Started around 8 finished with our run a little before 12. Good luck to everyone in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by netsbball
          Hey, I'm really worried about the vision part. For corrected, do u have to have 20/20 in each eye? In other words, do u have to close one eye at a time while reading the 20/20 line?
          when on the machine, they do one eye at a time, then both eyes. i don't know whether you need to have 20/20 in each eye, but you do need 20/20 with both eyes. corrected i tested like 20/10 and my optometrist said my prescription is not even right.

if you fail, they make you do it second time, really throwing you a major bone. they have you stand in a hallway facing a chart with the letters on it. then they have you take off your glasses or contacts and go back in the hallway to do the same thing. you only have to be able to read the second line to have 20/100 and pass. They must have thought i was stupid by not reading the second line while i had just read it with my contacts in. i was being too f'in honest. i had a buddy of a buddy mine tell me he failed the machine test and then did the chart test in the hallway and remembered the chart and passed and is now a cop.
          good luck

Comment

• An interesting development happened today. Got a letter in the mail today from The Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services. The F.B.I. rejected my fingerprints, could be because I don't really have any left. This is do to that I use my hands alot at work, anyway who took them when I handed in my application, told me originally that they may be rejected. I have to have her submit a new set of them or after 60 days face a fee. I have to show this to my B.I. when I see him on Tuesday.

Let the games begin....
            Last edited by Sense0Purpose1; 09-26-2009, 07:14 PM.
            sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

• They could have another class after the Oct one, like someone said they may push it, the city is down police officers and i know it seems wrong to cut public safety but they still do, My buddy was hired by Philly as a cop and they had 8 officers die last year and they still threatened to layoff a 1000 cops and 200 fireman, my point is the city government can do what ever they want. Baltimore dont seem as messed up as philly but who knows what the lovely mayor will do,(bc we all know the integrity she has) but recruitment will keep telling everybody that theyre hiring untill they get word to say not any more, crap changes everyday, I dont want to sound harsh at all, im just trying to let everybody look at all angles of the situation, but good luck to everyone and if i hear anything ill let everyone know.
              Baltimore City Police

Written Test: 1/9/09-Passed
              Written PSY Test: 1/9/09-Passed
              Agility Test: 1/10/09-Passed
              Meet BI(Background Packet Submitted): 1/10/09- Passed
              Background Inv. started: 4/15/09 to 6/20/09: Passed
              Medical: 6/26/09-Passed
              PSY Interview: 7/7/09-Passed
              Polygraph: 8/7/09-Passed
              Final processing: 8/24/09-Passed
              HIRED: 9/1/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Den87 View Post
                They could have another class after the Oct one, like someone said they may push it, the city is down police officers and i know it seems wrong to cut public safety but they still do, My buddy was hired by Philly as a cop and they had 8 officers die last year and they still threatened to layoff a 1000 cops and 200 fireman, my point is the city government can do what ever they want. Baltimore dont seem as messed up as philly but who knows what the lovely mayor will do,(bc we all know the integrity she has) but recruitment will keep telling everybody that theyre hiring untill they get word to say not any more, crap changes everyday, I dont want to sound harsh at all, im just trying to let everybody look at all angles of the situation, but good luck to everyone and if i hear anything ill let everyone know.

Baltimore got federal stimulus money right? The thing with federal stimulus money is that once you recieve it, you have to use it exactly for what they wanted you to use it for. And if you don't spend it, you will never get it again.
                sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

• Double post
                  Last edited by nasa808; 09-28-2009, 03:21 AM.
                  We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sense0Purpose1 View Post
                    Baltimore got federal stimulus money right? The thing with federal stimulus money is that once you recieve it, you have to use it exactly for what they wanted you to use it for. And if you don't spend it, you will never get it again.
                    Yes, they received some federal cash which is to be used for the hiring of 50 officers I believe. They have 1 year to use the funds ( July 2010 ) and if not, they have to return the cash. Keep in mind, who is going to throw away free money ( There are towns that did this ). They only time you get banned from receiving the funds is when you mismanage the money and can not pay it back. The ban is usually 3 years. Amtrak, Newark, and Camden could tell you about it.

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

• triple post
                      Last edited by nasa808; 09-28-2009, 03:22 AM. Reason: triple post

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

• thats great and all that we received money to hire 50 new officers... that only covers 1 class, though. what happens when the city cant afford to keep those 50 new officers hired? layoffs happen. the money to keep 50 officers hired for 1 year is about ten times the amount of stimulus money. they have layed off academy classes before and will probably do it again.

Comment

• we got new mountain bikes with that money
                          "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerWoody View Post
                            we got new mountain bikes with that money
                            haha, im still trying to get you into my unit, if you are still interested. or maybe you are having too much fun in the mountain bike unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerWoody View Post
                              we got new mountain bikes with that money
                              Lol...ouch, that hurts!!!
                              Philippians 4:13

Comment

• sept 15th

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                Last edited by alc31180; 02-06-2010, 12:31 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7351 users online. 391 members and 6960 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X