300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gator22b View Post
    I own a Kimber TLE II. After the break in period it's flawless. Cocked and Locked isn't for everyone though. If you get one, buy Wilson ETM 8 Round Magazines for it. The stock Kimber ones in my opinion leave something to be desired. My buddy is processing for an agency in Virginia, and after his ride along he noted that the carry gun is HK. I'm jealous.
    My friend also has the Kimber TLE II. Though when I first got to shoot it it only had like 150-200 rounds through it. I believe he does have the Wilson Combat mags if I'm not mistaken.

HK for carry gun? I'm jealous too.
    Howard County Police Department
    Written Exam Passed: 10/24/09
    Agility Passed: 10/24/09
    Background Packet Handed in: 11/05/09
    Oral Interview: 01/21/10

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Blues View Post
      Does anyone know if out of state laterals are accepted?
      It doesn't sound like they are interested in laterals . You start out at the same shvt pay $42,000 and you go through the entire 6 month academy. For a dept. that is need I would think they would welcome laterals .

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdout View Post
        It doesn't sound like they are interested in laterals . You start out at the same shvt pay $42,000 and you go through the entire 6 month academy. For a dept. that is need I would think they would welcome laterals .

are you out of state? if so, you will find that Maryland has a strict standard for which lateral officers can be accepted. if BPD doesnt accept you, you will probably find that no agency in MD will accept you as a lateral. in state laterals to BPD, you do a lateral class or 2-3 weeks.

Comment

• Well got the call from my background investigator today. It went as follows:

Phone rings, Me listening to melodic metal on my computer, I hear it, my labtop goes flying, try to grab the phone at the same time trying to shut my computer up, pick up phone, which I then proceed to drop to the ground : thus hanging up on my background investigator= Oh a goood move on my part.

I immediately call the number back, get a Sgt. who tries to connect me to the Detective that called me, this is all the while the Detective is trying to call me back. End result I got in contact with my background investigator.

Meeting him next week at HQ.
          Last edited by Sense0Purpose1; 09-21-2009, 04:11 PM.
          sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sense0Purpose1 View Post
            Well got the call from my background investigator today. It went as follows:

Phone rings, Me listening to melodic metal on my computer, I hear it, my labtop goes flying, try to grab the phone at the same time trying to shut my computer up, pick up phone, which I then proceed to drop to the ground : thus hanging up on my background investigator= Oh a goood move on my part.

I immediately call the number back, get a Sgt. who tries to connect me to the Detective that called me, this is all the while the Detective is trying to call me back. End result I got in contact with my background investigator.

Meeting him next week at HQ.
            LoL, I'm excited as if I got the call...Thanks for the updated yet again...If my hypothesis's correct I'll get a call from my B.I. sometime during the first or second week of October! LoL
            Philippians 4:13

Comment

• Haha nice man. I know the feeling. Like we talked about my background is currently being checked by them now then I'm scheduled to so the agility when I get the call from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossman1919 View Post
                LoL, I'm excited as if I got the call...Thanks for the updated yet again...If my hypothesis's correct I'll get a call from my B.I. sometime during the first or second week of October! LoL

Welcome mate. Hopefully you'll get the call soon. And hopefully you get to do the agility soon, damstr.
                Last edited by Sense0Purpose1; 09-21-2009, 10:13 PM.
                sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

• I have a question that has probably been asked 100's of times. During the agility test where do you run (indoors, outdoors, track or down the sidewalk) any info will help.

Comment

Last edited by Bossman1919; 02-22-2010, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Scheduled my written for next Tuesday, 12:15 pm. I'm stoked-hopefully things don't slow down hiring wise I want to get on so bad and it's rediculous up where I am right now.

Comment

• Rookie to the forums

Hey all,

Just finished reading this whole thread, only took me two days. Anyway thanks for all who contributed, it's a great source of info. I took my written on 9/17/09 and am just waiting on getting scheduled for my physical. I notice at least one of you guys posting took your written on the same day, mine was at the Learning Bank. Quick question for any current BPD officers, does BPD still hire you before your academy and employ you? or does your employment start on your first day of the academy? I know they use to "pre-hire" you but I'm not sure if this still happens. Thanks all.
                        BPD

Written - 9/17/09 - Passed
                        PAT - 9/26/09 - Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by gator22b View Post
                          Scheduled my written for next Tuesday, 12:15 pm. I'm stoked-hopefully things don't slow down hiring wise I want to get on so bad and it's rediculous up where I am right now.
                          LoL i know exactly what you mean Gator...Goodluck on your exam!

Comment

• just a heads up

talked to someone at recruiting today. said one class is ready to go for october and they plan on getting one more together by the end of the year.

Comment

• Yea, thanks Bossman, you got through everything quick! How's it looking for you? Is that normal being so quick? Like I said, up where I'm at, 18 months is good.haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by thedetroiter View Post
                                just a heads up

talked to someone at recruiting today. said one class is ready to go for october and they plan on getting one more together by the end of the year.
                                Thats the one I'm shooting for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11975 users online. 465 members and 11510 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X