Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah when I took the test this past Thursday they said the next class will be starting in 2 weeks.
    Howard County Police Department
    Written Exam Passed: 10/24/09
    Agility Passed: 10/24/09
    Background Packet Handed in: 11/05/09
    Oral Interview: 01/21/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sense0Purpose1 View Post
      Not much of an alcohol drinker, but when the I want, I go for a Blue Moon.

Still waiting on the call from the B.I.
      Yeah same here, as you can tell I couldn't even spell the damn thing hahaha...thanks kilez! Yeah I had Blue Moon with the orange before...not bad at all!!!

Sense it seems like I'm about 1 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks behind you with everything (written, fitness, submitted packet)...I hand in my packet this week. Be sure to let us know when you get the call from your B.I...Thanks!!!
      Philippians 4:13

Comment

• Originally posted by AGR175 View Post
        Thanks for the info Eastside. You know more than they know. At the test on Tuesday, they were saying "it could be in a couple of weeks, trying to fill more seats for the class." They didn't sound 100% sure themselves.

thanks for the update though
        No problem. I sent you a PM AGR175.

I am going down to headquarters to sign my offer of employment next week. I will be in the 2 Oct. class.
        Last edited by East Side; 09-19-2009, 03:47 PM.
        Ductus Exemplo

Comment

• Are they going to have another one after that? Some of the upcoming recruitting events don't occur until mid october.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
            Are they going to have another one after that? Some of the upcoming recruitting events don't occur until mid october.
            As far as I've heard from reading the last couple pages there is supposed to be one more after the Oct 2nd class then another one right after the new year.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• Does anyone know if out of state laterals are accepted?
              To be honest I don't remember too much about losing my virginity. All I remember is I had been awake for almost 86 hours, I was on the roof of a Public Storage building in what seemed to be a freezing rainstorm, and Christopher Walken was there with a disposable camera that he kept winding even though it had clearly run out of pictures.

Comment

• Originally posted by East Side View Post
                No problem. I sent you a PM AGR175.

I am going down to headquarters to sign my offer of employment next week. I will be in the 2 Oct. class.
                Congrats man! I know that has to be an exciting feeling. Good luck to you. I sent you a pm back also. once again, congrats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                  Are they going to have another one after that? Some of the upcoming recruitting events don't occur until mid october.
                  When I took the written test on Sept. 15, the test proctor stated that they have a classs starting in two weeks, and are aiming for another class in December and another after the 1st of the year. Of course it all depends on funding. But that is what was put out.
                  Last edited by AGR175; 09-19-2009, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Was just reading through some of this thread from a couple months ago. Does anyone know if the H&K USP Compact is on the list for approved off duty carry?

I currently have the H&K USP .40 tactical and love it and was planning on getting the compact .45 but if its not approved then I might go another route.

Thanks

Comment

Last edited by Sense0Purpose1; 09-19-2009, 10:28 PM.
                      sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossman1919 View Post
                        Yeah same here, as you can tell I couldn't even spell the damn thing hahaha...thanks kilez! Yeah I had Blue Moon with the orange before...not bad at all!!!

Sense it seems like I'm about 1 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks behind you with everything (written, fitness, submitted packet)...I hand in my packet this week. Be sure to let us know when you get the call from your B.I...Thanks!!!
                        Roger Roger, good luck!
                        sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

• Wow it seems like the turnaround down there is Pretty quick. I'm from NY and so far no luck on any civil service tests. How's the psych portion? One of the processes has me held up up here because of my oral psych-now I have to go in front of a panel in a few weeks-but it doesn't look optimistic, and although I'm definitely not unstable, I think my combat experience is what might have been the main contributer for the review. How friendly is Baltimore PD with Veterans? And is the turnaround still pretty quick? (I'll be reading through the forum after work later). I'm definitely taking the drive down in a week to take the Tuesday walk in after confirming on Monday I'll have a seat or not. Want the job, willing to work with the location. Just hope the location is a little better than what I've been experiencing with Long Island and New York City agencies.

Comment

• Hk Usp .45

Originally posted by damstr View Post
                            Was just reading through some of this thread from a couple months ago. Does anyone know if the H&K USP Compact is on the list for approved off duty carry?

I currently have the H&K USP .40 tactical and love it and was planning on getting the compact .45 but if its not approved then I might go another route.

Thanks
                            Man, very nice! I have been looking at getting an HK USP .45 for a long time. How do you like them compared to other .45's?
                            Ductus Exemplo

Comment

• Originally posted by East Side View Post

Man, very nice! I have been looking at getting an HK USP .45 for a long time. How do you like them compared to other .45's?
                              2 of my friends have Kimber 1911s and the other has a Springfield XD. After shooting both I had no desire to get a 1911 or the XD. I wouldn't mind having them sure, but I liked my USP more.

I'm sure in the future I can see me picking up a Kimber but for right now I love my USP.
                              Last edited by damstr; 09-20-2009, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• I own a Kimber TLE II. After the break in period it's flawless. Cocked and Locked isn't for everyone though. If you get one, buy Wilson ETM 8 Round Magazines for it. The stock Kimber ones in my opinion leave something to be desired. My buddy is processing for an agency in Virginia, and after his ride along he noted that the carry gun is HK. I'm jealous.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7959 users online. 397 members and 7562 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X