300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1Time View Post
    Does anyone know if there still a process for out of state applicants?
    XD answered your question a few posts up. He is correct, nothing has changed in regards to out-of-state processing. When I went down last Tuesday to take the written test, they informed a group from New York that they may have to make several trips down.

Comment

• Anyone has any experience with the 'uncorrected' vision threshold? So far all has been easy sailing until they measured my uncorrected eyesight and the medical staff said it was not up to par or something. My B.I. doesn't have any information for me as of yet. What's the deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by SimonV View Post
        Anyone has any experience with the 'uncorrected' vision threshold? So far all has been easy sailing until they measured my uncorrected eyesight and the medical staff said it was not up to par or something. My B.I. doesn't have any information for me as of yet. What's the deal?
        Haven't done the medical yet, but why, how bad is your vision. And I wear spectacles.
        Last edited by Sense0Purpose1; 09-17-2009, 10:47 PM.
        sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sense0Purpose1 View Post
          Haven't done the medical yet, but why, how bad is your vision. And I wear spectacles.
          I wear contacts, and sometimes glasses. With correction i score 20/10 or something, better than 20/20. when i take my contacts out (and they had me do it at the place, right before the test) my eyes tested 20/200. i think they said the threshold is 20/100, which is one step above 20/200. Their testing is pretty lackadaisical, make sure to read the second line on the charts which is 20/100.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sense0Purpose1 View Post
            Wait what kind of beer is it, it's imperative for me to know!!!! lol.

Sorry 1time, but yeah check out all the other pages before this one, and if not all, most of your questions will be answered.
            Why ying yleng of course, "american's oldest brewery"!!!
            Philippians 4:13

Comment

• You have got to be joking. You meant Yuengling , right?

Comment

• Does anyone know the actual start date for the next Baltimore Police academy that they are recruitting for now?

Comment

• read post #1710...no actual start date yet. waiting to fill the class
                  Last edited by AGR175; 09-18-2009, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• should be starting soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossman1919 View Post
                      Why ying yleng of course, "american's oldest brewery"!!!
                      Not much of an alcohol drinker, but when the I want, I go for a Blue Moon.

Still waiting on the call from the B.I.
                      sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

• Wow so they are looking for 70 officers and that doesn't include all the retirements coming up? Sounds like good news to me although I'm sure they have plenty of applicants.
                        Last edited by damstr; 09-19-2009, 12:50 AM.
                        Howard County Police Department
                        Written Exam Passed: 10/24/09
                        Agility Passed: 10/24/09
                        Background Packet Handed in: 11/05/09
                        Oral Interview: 01/21/10

Comment

• Originally posted by damstr View Post
                          Wow so they are looking for 70 officers and that doesn't include all the retirements coming up? Sounds like good news to me although I'm sure they have plenty of applicants.
                          Yeah they have alot of applicants but how many will actually make it through the entire process? Like I stated before, we started out with 35 people prior to the test and afterwards, there were like 10 -12 of us left. Out of those 10-12, some won't make the Agility test. Then the poly or medical or background. So if you keep doing this cycle after cycle...it could take awhile to fill those 70 or so positions. But somehow they manage to scrounge up 50 or so for each academy, so it makes you wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by AGR175 View Post
                            Yeah they have alot of applicants but how many will actually make it through the entire process? Like I stated before, we started out with 35 people prior to the test and afterwards, there were like 10 -12 of us left. Out of those 10-12, some won't make the Agility test. Then the poly or medical or background. So if you keep doing this cycle after cycle...it could take awhile to fill those 70 or so positions. But somehow they manage to scrounge up 50 or so for each academy, so it makes you wonder.
                            Thats true. They told you right after the test who passed and failed? I found out the same day but they called me a couple hours later.
                            Last edited by damstr; 09-19-2009, 11:25 AM.
                            Howard County Police Department
                            Written Exam Passed: 10/24/09
                            Agility Passed: 10/24/09
                            Background Packet Handed in: 11/05/09
                            Oral Interview: 01/21/10

Comment

• Next Academy

Originally posted by AGR175 View Post
                              read post #1710...no actual start date yet. waiting to fill the class
                              The next academy is starting 2 Oct. 2009.
                              Ductus Exemplo

Comment

• Thanks for the info Eastside. You know more than they know. At the test on Tuesday, they were saying "it could be in a couple of weeks, trying to fill more seats for the class." They didn't sound 100% sure themselves.

thanks for the update though
                                Last edited by AGR175; 09-19-2009, 02:14 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14593 users online. 464 members and 14129 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X