Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It always makes me smile when Bmore-Dawg posts.. He's like the King of this board.. A living legend.

Just wanted to throw that in there. Miss ya man. We WILL get that drink sometime.

And I know there is a basketball league as when I was in the Western District there were some of the guys on the team and if I remember correctly there was a schedule posted up.

As far as the 100 degree heat with no a/c in the car. It's not the most rare thing as it is Baltimore BUT it's not all that common either. The easy thing to do, and you won't be looked down upon and this goes for the same in the winter without heat in the car, refuse to use that car. If they can't find you a spare then they will be forced to double you up. You can argue for unsafe conditions with the car. I know of plenty of people who did it and there was no problem. If there is, guess that's a good day to walk foot in some areas!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sense0Purpose1 View Post
      What about an oral psych?

Does anybody know anything about the oral psych? I didn't remember being told anything about it but I know I've seen it talked about on this site.

Comment

• Can anybody let me know what the dress code for the walkin exams?

Comment

• Originally posted by kwar85 View Post
          Can anybody let me know what the dress code for the walkin exams?
          i hate to be a jerk, but seriously, this has been posted at least 10 times (probably more). furthermore, does that really need to be asked, anyway? wear a suit and tie for everything except the medical and agility, and you cant got wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
            i hate to be a jerk, but seriously, this has been posted at least 10 times (probably more). furthermore, does that really need to be asked, anyway? wear a suit and tie for everything except the medical and agility, and you cant got wrong.
            What a jerk! Just messing with you.. Good point though.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiGuy View Post
              It always makes me smile when Bmore-Dawg posts.. He's like the King of this board.. A living legend.

Just wanted to throw that in there. Miss ya man. We WILL get that drink sometime.

And I know there is a basketball league as when I was in the Western District there were some of the guys on the team and if I remember correctly there was a schedule posted up.

As far as the 100 degree heat with no a/c in the car. It's not the most rare thing as it is Baltimore BUT it's not all that common either. The easy thing to do, and you won't be looked down upon and this goes for the same in the winter without heat in the car, refuse to use that car. If they can't find you a spare then they will be forced to double you up. You can argue for unsafe conditions with the car. I know of plenty of people who did it and there was no problem. If there is, guess that's a good day to walk foot in some areas!
              Vegas has taken over that role. I dont have the time to be here that much any more...and besides, I couldn't tell you much about the hiring process these days. I there have been several command changes since I got hired.

As for the refuse to take a car thing.....If you try that when your new on the streets let me know when you are going to do it so I can be there to see your SGT or LT's reaction. If the new guys get away with that today then things have really changed in patrol from when I first came out.
              GO CAVS!!

Comment

• Jvegas far from a jerk just making a point. Thanks for the info called today and signed up!

Comment

• What's up with the gray crown vics?

Comment

• Got a call today, I'm scheduled to submit my app, get fingerprinted and take the written pysc on the 23rd!!!
                    Philippians 4:13

Comment

• Does anyone no if the class scheduled for Sept. 18 is all filled up yet?

Comment

• After the Sept class when is the next class do to start?

Comment

• Originally posted by JPantz View Post
                          What's up with the gray crown vics?
                          Old Housing Authority Police Cruisers that we adopted when Housing merged with BPD. We just took the cars and stuck our logo on it.

Interesting Side note.....For those who don't know the story of why the Aviation Unit, Marine Units boats and one of the RVs has a black base color scheme. When Norris was commish, he hated the white cruisers and logo on our cars when he came from NYC (which i agree with him). So he planned on painting them all black with the scheme you see on Foxtrot, etc. Then Mayor O'Malley nixed the idea and told him he could not change any of the cars. Norris was ticked off but he followed the Mayor's orders and didn't paint any of the cars, but painted everything else.
                          GO CAVS!!

Comment

• First let me start by saying thank you to everyone posting here for all the information that is given, its extremely helpful and comforting to know that your not the only one that is going through this long process. Anyone know BPD policy on having Lasik surgery? Thanks for the info.
                            Last edited by BPD[09]; 09-04-2009, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Well today my sgt told me that they move the academy start date to Oct 2nd bc they dont have enough ppl for the class.
                              Baltimore City Police

Written Test: 1/9/09-Passed
                              Written PSY Test: 1/9/09-Passed
                              Agility Test: 1/10/09-Passed
                              Meet BI(Background Packet Submitted): 1/10/09- Passed
                              Background Inv. started: 4/15/09 to 6/20/09: Passed
                              Medical: 6/26/09-Passed
                              PSY Interview: 7/7/09-Passed
                              Polygraph: 8/7/09-Passed
                              Final processing: 8/24/09-Passed
                              HIRED: 9/1/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Den87 View Post
                                Well today my sgt told me that they move the academy start date to Oct 2nd bc they dont have enough ppl for the class.
                                So is that a good thing for us hopefuls ?
                                sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7335 users online. 327 members and 7008 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X