Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bmore331 View Post
    You'll start the written portion of your psych test. During the testing they'll call you in a separate room to hand in all of your paperwork. After your test is completed, you'll go down to get your fingerprinting done. Then you may go home. There's no interaction between you and your B.I at this point. You're just turning in your paperwork.
    Thanks Bmore for the info. Got told you only need one copy and the original, of everything we have to bring. I'm still going to bring two copies so I don't get in trouble some how.
    sigpic

    I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

    Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bmore331 View Post
      You'll start the written portion of your psych test. During the testing they'll call you in a separate room to hand in all of your paperwork. After your test is completed, you'll go down to get your fingerprinting done. Then you may go home. There's no interaction between you and your B.I at this point. You're just turning in your paperwork.
      Also, pack a lunch; seriously. You will be there all day (I was). I was there from 7:30 in the morning until 3:30 that afternoon.

      Take a Powerbar or something to eat......trust me.

      Comment


      • you dont know heat until its 100 degrees and you are wearing full uniform, inside a car without a/c. get used to it, the agility test is a walk in the park compared to the academy.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jvegas View Post
          you dont know heat until its 100 degrees and you are wearing full uniform, inside a car without a/c. get used to it, the agility test is a walk in the park compared to the academy.
          lol now i won't disagree with you there, that's insane!!! i'm just saying it had to be at least 90 that day and i ran the mile at a pace that was under 10 minutes (tho i still didn't come in first )...so as you can imagine i was a little hot!!!

          ________________________________
          Baltimore Police
          Written Exam- 8/11/2009 Passed
          Fitness Exam- 8/15/2009 Passed
          Assigned BI- Still Waiting For Call!!!

          Prince George County
          Written/Fitness Exam- 9/11/2009
          Last edited by Bossman1919; 09-02-2009, 12:27 PM.
          Philippians 4:13

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jvegas View Post
            you dont know heat until its 100 degrees and you are wearing full uniform, inside a car without a/c. get used to it, the agility test is a walk in the park compared to the academy.
            Oh please don't tell me every car is like that, don't crush my dreams!!

            Cmartin998: I learned that lesson all to well with the NYPD. Only brought one cereal bar and 3 pencils. Less then half way through, I was out of a cereal bar and was told, like everyone else, you can't sharpen your pencils. Reason being they "had" sharpened pencils already. Only thing is, there weren't enough for everyone.
            Last edited by Sense0Purpose1; 09-02-2009, 06:43 PM.
            sigpic

            I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

            Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sense0Purpose1 View Post
              Thanks Bmore for the info. Got told you only need one copy and the original, of everything we have to bring. I'm still going to bring two copies so I don't get in trouble some how.
              There's no harm in bringing two copies if you have them. I did. They only asked for one and the original, however.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by cmartin998 View Post
                Also, pack a lunch; seriously. You will be there all day (I was). I was there from 7:30 in the morning until 3:30 that afternoon.

                Take a Powerbar or something to eat......trust me.
                Yes, you'll be there for a while. It won't hurt to bring an energy bar or something. I didn't bring anything but my paperwork as they never told me I would be taking the psych also lol. I finished the test around 12 and they told me to leave and get something to eat since the fingerprinting people wouldn't be back form lunch until 1. I came back, got my fingerprints done, and I was gone around 1:30.

                Comment


                • As I have found with most police departments, expect the unexpected. Oh this has greatly helped me!

                  Anyway, continuing with handing in the paperwork, would it be appropriate to hand in a copy of a case report that had been made against you?

                  Or wait till you meet the B.I. ?
                  Last edited by Sense0Purpose1; 09-02-2009, 09:28 PM.
                  sigpic

                  I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

                  Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sense0Purpose1 View Post
                    As I have found with most police departments, expect the unexpected. Oh this has greatly helped me!

                    Anyway, continuing with handing in the paperwork, would it be appropriate to hand in a copy of a case report that had been made against you?

                    Or wait till you meet the B.I. ?
                    PERSONALLY, I would not unless your B.I specifically requests a copy of it. As long as he knows about it, I would think that's all that matters... More than likely he'll research it on his own.

                    I am no expert, however. Others may advise otherwise.

                    Comment


                    • Called today to schedule my testing for the 17th. Hopefully I'll get through the process quick enough to make the Decemeber/January academy but I'm not holding my breath. Good things come in time.

                      So it begins...

                      Also do I have to bring any of my high school stuff with me? Like my diploma and all? I plan on going back to my high school this week to get a copy of it because I'm sure it will come in handy.
                      Howard County Police Department
                      Written Exam Passed: 10/24/09
                      Agility Passed: 10/24/09
                      Background Packet Handed in: 11/05/09
                      Oral Interview: 01/21/10

                      Comment


                      • Anyone know if Baltimore PD has a boxing team of some sort? What sports/teams do they have, if any?
                        “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.”

                        "In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by damstr View Post
                          Called today to schedule my testing for the 17th. Hopefully I'll get through the process quick enough to make the Decemeber/January academy but I'm not holding my breath. Good things come in time.

                          So it begins...

                          Also do I have to bring any of my high school stuff with me? Like my diploma and all? I plan on going back to my high school this week to get a copy of it because I'm sure it will come in handy.
                          You do not need to bring any documents to your civil service test other than your ID unless they tell you otherwise.

                          And yeah, you might as well get your Diploma now, as well as your transcripts (certified copy). You will need them a little further down the road.

                          Comment


                          • I met with my BI last week for the pre-polygraph questioning and I have my poly and medical exam set up for the end of next week. After I finish with those steps what is left, specifically is there another psych evaluation aside from the written one I've already completed? Thanks!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Splash13 View Post
                              I met with my BI last week for the pre-polygraph questioning and I have my poly and medical exam set up for the end of next week. After I finish with those steps what is left, specifically is there another psych evaluation aside from the written one I've already completed? Thanks!
                              What about an oral psych?
                              sigpic

                              I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

                              Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by toto80 View Post
                                Anyone know if Baltimore PD has a boxing team of some sort? What sports/teams do they have, if any?
                                I am not sure if it is still around, but each district and some of the specialized units put together a basketball league. There also used to be a hockey team. Again, don't know if that is still around.

                                There is a football team, DC Generals, that has people from BPD, DCMetro, and area Fire Depts. They play several times a year and travel to places like Orlando and LA to play other teams of Emergency Service people. I only know this because my previous SGT was a team captain and always trying to recruit.

                                I gave my knees to the Football Gods in High School and feeling it these days on some mornings.

                                No Boxing
                                GO CAVS!!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9083 users online. 450 members and 8633 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X