300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Den87 View Post
    I have a wife see would not want to live in a motel yet alone room with other ppl, my bi told me to call her monday ill just wait till then.
    Oh, I see. Hopefully if you get the call it's not at the last minute and nothing gets postponed. Good luck to you.

Cheers

Comment

• I have my interview with by BI on the 18th of this month and still have to take the polygraph, does anybody who has gone through the process think that I have a shot of getting everything done in time to make the september class?

Comment

• Originally posted by Splash13 View Post
        I have my interview with by BI on the 18th of this month and still have to take the polygraph, does anybody who has gone through the process think that I have a shot of getting everything done in time to make the september class?
        Not to bust your bubble but Im pretty sure you wont be able to make the next class, seeing as everyone is stating the next class is going to be somewhere between Sept 15-18. If you are now just getting an interview with your BI you might have 2-3 months more before you even take the poly, but who knows because they're doing things in a different order now. My best is answer is a definite no, but good luck on getting in for the next class!!
        “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.”

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

Comment

• thanks for the information, i had no idea that it takes that long to get a poly scheduled!

Comment

• Does anyone know if its possible to obtain a waiver for the uncorrected vision requirement if you've succeeded in wearing contacts for a while?

Comment

• Well I could of just looked here to find the info I was asking about for the agility. Oh well still got my answers and more.

http://www.baltimorepolice.org/join-...l-requirements
              sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

• Just wondering how the benefits were after retirement. I know its twenty and out but I heard you only get 5yrs worth of benefits afterward, any truth to this? If so, how many years would one have to work (if possible) to get lifetime benefits after retirement?
                “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.”

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

Comment

• For the Current certified copy of Driving record, it's going to take 2 weeks in order for me to get a copy.

Should I mail it now or wait until I get the appointment to meet the BI. Thing is, I don't want to get told that I have to meet him or her a week after I have the agility test and not have the copy of the driving record.

Also the car I drive is in my mom's name, and really it's her car, I just use it everyday. It is the only car I've ever driven, would my request for a driving record show up blank?

Thanks in advance.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by am212
                    your driving record does not show your vehicles owned. it is your accident and traffic history......i believe for the last 10 years it usually shows(don't quote me on that). but it shows basically your tickets you got, accidents, your basic info(that which is on your DL), if you are a voter, and thats pretty much it. At our sos in MI you can walk in and get it the same day, but obviously its different in every state---they just started doing that like that a year or so ago.......

Even if you never got a accident or ticket it will print out and just say clear record, and have your basic info on it.
                    this information isnt 100%. your MD MVA driving record will only show citations suspensions/revocations/etc... and basic personal information. it will not show accidents, unless you were issued a citation for it.

now your BI can look up your MVA history, which will show vehicles owned, etc..

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                      this information isnt 100%. your MD MVA driving record will only show citations suspensions/revocations/etc... and basic personal information. it will not show accidents, unless you were issued a citation for it.

now your BI can look up your MVA history, which will show vehicles owned, etc..
                      I believe you are correct about the MD MVA not showing accidents, but in AM212's defense, he is from Michigan and I believe that they do include accidents in it. When I needed my driving record and picked it up from secretary of state, I'm pretty sure it had my accident from when I hit a Deer and nothing came of it (tickets or anything) other than a nice deductible from my insurance!

You know, had to chime in... Represent from Michigan

Comment

• yah, i just looked and saw the OP is from NY. that said, not all accidents gets reported to the police, those accidents will not be on record. do body shops report accidents to the MVA in MI? dont see how they could.

Comment

• Just sent in a request for the Drivers Record( now called abstract) Should get it in two weeks. Just saying so my question doesn't dominate this forum.
                          Last edited by Sense0Purpose1; 08-12-2009, 08:10 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I received a call from an officer in Recruitment recently. He asked if I was interested in continuing my process. It seemed as though he was really pushing to get my process completed ASAP. I take my physical agility test this Saturday and meet with my BI to turn in my paperwork on Aug 28th. Is there a possibility he's still trying to fill vacancies for the September 18th academy class, or is there another academy soon thereafter that he's pushing for? Just curious. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                              yah, i just looked and saw the OP is from NY. that said, not all accidents gets reported to the police, those accidents will not be on record. do body shops report accidents to the MVA in MI? dont see how they could.

My "certified" driving record that I paid $10 to receive was almost useless. It didn't have any of the out of state violations or my point totals listed. When asked if this record was complete I told my BI no it was not and gave the correct amount.

I also had to request a letter stating how many points (I have 0) were on my license as the "certified" record did not include that.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmartin998 View Post
                                My "certified" driving record that I paid $10 to receive was almost useless. It didn't have any of the out of state violations or my point totals listed. When asked if this record was complete I told my BI no it was not and gave the correct amount.

I also had to request a letter stating how many points (I have 0) were on my license as the "certified" record did not include that.
                                JVegas - As far as auto mechanics/Body shops reporting accidents. No. But some states, I guess like Michigan, will have accidents on the record that you report.

Cmartin - As far as I'm aware, ANY state that you get a driving record from, will only have the information from that state. They don't all interchange or anything like that. That's why you'll sometimes see as a cop, I saw it once, people get a driver's license from one state when they are suspended in another state. Still very hard to do, but is possible with the way the system is set up. I remember years and years ago when I applied for Florida Highway Patrol they said they wanted a full Driver's record/history. I was then told that every applicant had to get one from every state that they have lived in because it only has information from the individual state.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8034 users online. 352 members and 7682 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X