Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLPJLP
    replied
    Got ya, I was ready to wave the BS flag.

Leave a comment:

• MLPJLP
    replied
    Up_On_Base,

What agency gave you 1 day off per 2 weeks, with no weekends off????????

Leave a comment:

• MLPJLP
    replied
    msptrooper,

Only one weekend off a month. To get this you have to work ten days straight. This ten day stretch might go like this 3-11, 7-3, 3-11, 7-3, 7-3, 3-11, 7-3, 3-11, 7-3, 7-3, then four days off including the weekend. It is even better when you work a 3-11 into days off

Aside from the ten day stretch you usually work 7 or 8 days straight then get a whopping two days off to recover. They are masters at the "art of the double back", i.e. work 7-3 and then back in the same day at 2300 to start a string of midnighters.

Back in the day I used to have split days off until the union stepped up!

Leave a comment:

• msptrooper
    replied
    What's the schedule like?

Leave a comment:

• MLPJLP
    replied
    Up_On_Base,

Sure, PA starts out new troops at 48k 'something' but you earn every penny of it by working the schedule we work. Naturally, pay is important but shouldn't be the sole determining factor in one's decision. My 2 cents.

Leave a comment:

• msptrooper
    replied
    Originally posted by bkryder28
    yes i have i actually have my physical a nd my written test this monday. can you offer any insight on this agency.
    I hope you like to write tickets!!!

Recruiting is like that, as I believe they are understaffed. Mainly the whole agency is understaffed. Do more with less, so to speak.

Do a search for MSP here on the forums. A lot of discussion has taken place in the past.

Leave a comment:

• johnnyReb
    replied
    Originally posted by Nanook
    The contacts I had with the recruiter were not very warm and fuzzy......I contacted "him" via email and phone and got the impression I was bothering him. Never did receive the information I was seeking. BUT: I live in another state some distance from MD so that may be why. On the flip side the County Police Depts: Howie, Prince G, Montgomery, and even DC Metro were exceptionally helpfull and friendly in my contacts,plus they do not require an "orientation session" as does the MSP. So needless to say I am going for the above depts (sans the MSP) ,as the recruiter may be giving you an insight into how you would be treated as a member of his/her organization. Maybe I'm wrong, but MSP does not seem very applicant friendly. Hope my information helps you. Good luck in your job search!

Gardez bien

I got the exact same impression when I e-mailed recruiting. Kinda turned me off of MSP in all honesty.

So I applied with Sheriff's Offices (Which were VERY polite and helpful)

Your mileage may vary

Leave a comment:

• Nanook
    replied
    gone fishing

Last edited by Nanook; 12-01-2006, 12:59 PM. Reason: gone fishing

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    yes i have i actually have my physical a nd my written test this monday. can you offer any insight on this agency.

Leave a comment:

• msptrooper
    replied
    Have you attended an initial orientation that is put on by recruiting?

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Md state police

Md state police

interested in md state police. does anyone have infor on this fine agency such as equipment-vehicles, computers in cars etc. when is the next academy classes i think there is one in jan but is there another one as well.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6393 users online. 349 members and 6044 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X