300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTA or Mdta police

Has anyone recently applied or are in the job hiring process for MTA or MDTA police?

I applied back in September of 2014. First you need to do the physical agility test, usually held at the NG Armory in Baltimore. It consists of a timed 1.5 mile run, a timed short sprint, push ups, sit ups, sit and reach and a jump. Also, they will have you fill out a short questionaire about past crimes and drug usage. Upon completion of the test, you will be given a date to take your written test at the HQ in Dundalk. Upon arriving, you will have an orientation covering what you will be doing, should you be hired, what the pay and benefits are, etc. then you will have to take the test. It's nothing too difficult, just math and reading, also some vocabulary I believe. The test will be graded on the spot, I believe you must score 70% or more. If you pass you will be given your Personal History Statement and have 10? days to complete it. Next you will be scheduled for an oral interview. To participate in the oral interview, you must sign a confidentiality agreement, so I cannot share details of the interview with you. A few weeks after the interview, you will be assigned a background investigator and will have to meet with her to review your PHS and make any corrections or changes. Also, I am not sure it is common, but I was given a collection of questionaires to have others complete. One for each place of employment, two for your neighbors, two for present coworkers, two for past coworkers, one for school and two character references. The investigator will begin their investigation and will want to schedule an in home interview with you. After the interview you will be scheduled to take a polygraph exam and a psychological evaluation. I am currently waiting to do my in home interview, so I cannot give you further details. Good luck.

Comment

My oral interview is for this upcoming week...thanks for all the shared info

Comment

I did the Test for MTA police, but never went to do the PAT (2013)
        Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Hi I had my oral Board interview on december 22 but I still havent heard anything at all I'm scared I didnt do too good at it therefor I got DQ does anyone nows normally how long after oral board they contact you?

Comment

During my time working in Baltimore City, i'd choose MDTA over MTA anyday. MDTA is completely funded by tolls and their vehicle fleet is one of the best i've seen in the state. Their pay scale leaves something to be desired but from what i've seen it's less BS to deal with because you're not dealing with MTA bus fender benders and 20 people claiming minor injury.

Comment

I applied and tookall the test including the polygraph awaiting further information

Comment

Did they actually say you were DQ?

Originally posted by domi1989 View Post
                Hi I had my oral Board interview on december 22 but I still havent heard anything at all I'm scared I didnt do too good at it therefor I got DQ does anyone nows normally how long after oral board they contact you?

Comment

How long ago did you apply and which agency?

Originally posted by xtraloud View Post
                  I applied and tookall the test including the polygraph awaiting further information

Comment

Originally posted by BennyNova21 View Post
                    Did they actually say you were DQ?
                    No they didn’t, that’s what has me worried and anxious

Comment

How long ago did you apply and which agency?
                      I applied in Jan 2015 than took written physical and oral and polygraph a week and a half ago now I'm awaiting news

Comment

Mta police

Comment

What agency?

Originally posted by domi1989 View Post
                          No they didn’t, that’s what has me worried and anxious

Comment

How long ago? When was your polygraph test?

Originally posted by xtraloud View Post
                            Mta police

Comment

How long ago? When was your polygraph test?
                              In Jan of 2015 only a few weeks ago

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3823 users online. 219 members and 3604 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X