Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montgomery County Police Department May 2015 Academy Class

Hello All:
    I had not seen any posts regarding the current process for Montgomery County police Department May 2015 Academy Class. If you are in the process, then feel comfortable to share with everyone here.

My timeline is the following
    08/01/2014- Application Turned In
    09/13/2014-Written Passed
    09/13/2014- Oral Passed
    09/14/2014- Physical Passed
    09/16/2014- BI Assigned
    10/08/2014- BI Interview Scheduled

So far this is my timeline. I hope everything goes well.
    Let me know if you guys have any questions or like to share your process. I have friends who are from Session 60 and ones going into Session 61.

Whether you are in the process or interested in the next process, feel free to contribute and share here.
    Good luck to you all! The waiting period sucks!
    Last edited by KZZ_MCPD; 10-06-2014, 03:46 PM.

Thanks for sharing. Do you have an update?

Comment

Not at the moment. Still int he waiting period. Hoping for the better, prepare for the worst

Comment

Originally posted by KZZ_MCPD View Post
        Not at the moment. Still int he waiting period. Hoping for the better, prepare for the worst
        Have you had your Lie Detector Test yet?

Comment

I started the process back in November and just have my poly two weeks ago, the Sgt. doing it said unofficially everything looked okay. Still waiting for official word.

Comment

I am in the process, waiting to come in for the medical/psych/poly portions of the process. BI said my file went to the committee for review. Also I was told about 2 weeks ago that it is looking more like June would be the academy start date, May might be too soon from what my BI told me.

Also I would refrain from calling it a "lie detector test" because it doesn't detect a lie. I had a long conversation with my poly admin for another department on what they actually look for, which is consistency within a certain degree. It doesn't actually detect a lie, plus if it is anything like the one I took, you'll know the questions and they go off what they discussed with you (several times) before they hook you up. If you drill it into your head it is a "lie detector" you'll be overly nervous and fail just because that's what will be detected. I had a chance to learn about the process and then we got to talking about muscle cars (my current day job) and that took up like 45 minutes, by the time we were ready I was calm and passed.
            This scenario is designed for you to lose. No one will "win" Redman. You only survive Redman.

Comment

I too am in the process, early stages though. Applied 1/31. I haven't had the written yet, scheduled for 2/21 with the oral following and the PT 2/22 if the previous day goes well. I'm nervous and not sure what to expect from the written. I was told the academy would start in June, so I assume if I make it past the weekend it'll be a fast track(comparatively speaking) with the rest of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by MDrew2625 View Post
                I too am in the process, early stages though. Applied 1/31. I haven't had the written yet, scheduled for 2/21 with the oral following and the PT 2/22 if the previous day goes well. I'm nervous and not sure what to expect from the written. I was told the academy would start in June, so I assume if I make it past the weekend it'll be a fast track(comparatively speaking) with the rest of the process.
                If it is the same test I took, take notes. Lots of notes.
                This scenario is designed for you to lose. No one will "win" Redman. You only survive Redman.

Comment

MCPD uses one written Test, It's the same one used by many Law Enforcement Agencies. Take good notes, but don't get caught up on every minute detail, manage your time effectively and you'll be fine. Good luck!

Comment

I took the MCSO exam in NOV I passed the written and oral interview they are doing a background check on me now I haven't heard anything since jan I know they've contacted my references about me I have a clean record no tickets and do not use any drugs ... Should I be worried or should I just be patient?

Comment

So I passed the written yesterday. Then while waiting for the interview, about half way through the applicants they stoped because of the weather. The PT test that was scheduled for today along with the interview are being rescheduled. No dates at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by kayso5 View Post
                        I took the MCSO exam in NOV I passed the written and oral interview they are doing a background check on me now I haven't heard anything since jan I know they've contacted my references about me I have a clean record no tickets and do not use any drugs ... Should I be worried or should I just be patient?
                        I am sure that you're fine, these things take time. You do realize that you posted in the MC"PD" section, right?

Comment

Originally posted by UnEqUaL View Post
                          I am sure that you're fine, these things take time. You do realize that you posted in the MC"PD" section, right?
                          Yes but I spoke to my background investigator and she told me that the all the agencies will be doing the academy together so I figured they all go through the same process

Comment

Originally posted by kayso5 View Post
                            Yes but I spoke to my background investigator and she told me that the all the agencies will be doing the academy together so I figured they all go through the same process
                            This is true and not true at the same time. While all agencies use the same academy, not all of them have the same amount of personal dedicated to the hiring and background sections. The county may have 8 investigators while the sheriff may only have 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue View Post
                              This is true and not true at the same time. While all agencies use the same academy, not all of them have the same amount of personal dedicated to the hiring and background sections. The county may have 8 investigators while the sheriff may only have 2.
                              Oh okay I got you I'm from NY so all of this is new to me hopefully I get it I really want this job are you employed with the angency?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5588 users online. 345 members and 5243 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X