300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore County Police Ride Along Program

I know the program has been cancelled. However, I am curious as to why the department does not allow current applicants to take a ride along once they are in the process. I was told it was because in the new cars, the compter is practically in the passenger seat. I don't quite get that when during field training a new recruit would have that seat. Any insight?

Originally posted by 410LE_hopeful View Post
    I know the program has been cancelled. However, I am curious as to why the department does not allow current applicants to take a ride along once they are in the process. I was told it was because in the new cars, the compter is practically in the passenger seat. I don't quite get that when during field training a new recruit would have that seat. Any insight?
    It doesn't make any sense other then the county doesn't want the potential liability of the program.

Recruits do ride alongs, cadets do them, officers pair up together and ride. The KDT was used as a reason but who knows what the real reason is....I'd suspect it's liability reasons and they are using the car as an easy out.

Comment

I can understand that. I was suggested to ask by a detective I conversed with in passing. He said that they should be able to let me do it because I'm in the process. I guess I have to be hired first. Thanks for the insight.

Comment

I can understand that. I was suggested to ask by a detective I conversed with in passing. He said that they should be able to let me do it because I'm in the process. I guess I have to be hired first. Thanks for the insight.
        Are you being investigated right now for the December academy??

Comment

Originally posted by Detail1972 View Post
          Are you being investigated right now for the December academy??
          Yes but I know that they will be calling more people as soon as they finish up the first rounds of BIs. So if you havent got a call yet, you could be recieving one soon.

Comment

Yes but I know that they will be calling more people as soon as they finish up the first rounds of BIs. So if you havent got a call yet, you could be recieving one soon.
            oh very cool good luck I was down last yr n never got selected for a bi investigation so hopefully my recruiter does the right thing n gets me thru this time..

Comment

Originally posted by Detail1972 View Post
              oh very cool good luck I was down last yr n never got selected for a bi investigation so hopefully my recruiter does the right thing n gets me thru this time..
              Thanks. Hopefully you will hear from someone this time around. I wish you luck.

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully you will hear from someone this time around. I wish you luck.
                Thanks I hope so I live in ny so don't now how many investigators they have for out of state people.. Just hoping not to be passed over again I heard I can still be even though I came last yr also..

Comment

Pretty sure the Taurus has no passenger side airbags also. Someone told me that once...

Comment

Oh okay. That's makes some sense. I haven't seen too many put on the streets.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4062 users online. 265 members and 3797 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X