X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocean City Seasonal and Full-time Applicant Testing 2015

Posting this for another agency:

---------------------

The Ocean City Police Department will hold their first of eight applicant testing processes for the position of full-time and seasonal police officer on Wednesday and Thursday, August 6th and 7th.

Candidates interested in a full-time position with the Department, or who are interested in the 2015 seasonal police officer program, are strongly encouraged to participate in this August applicant test process.

The process will begin on Wednesday, August 6th promptly at 8:00 a.m. at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center located at 40th Street and Coastal Highway in Ocean City, Maryland.

Registration will begin at 7:00 a.m. Candidates who are successful on August 6th will be scheduled for an oral interview on August 7th.

Applicants are encouraged to contact the Department’s Training and Recruiting Section at 410-723-6612 or e-mail the Training and Recruiting Section at [email protected] to register for this test.

All applicants must have a photo driver’s license and a signed medical release form to participate in the testing process.

Additional Testing Dates for 2014-2015:
    September 27 & 28, 2014 - Completed
    October 18 & 19, 2014 - Completed
    November 15 & 16, 2014 - Completed
    December 13 & 14, 2014
    January 3 & 4, 2015
    January 24 & 25, 2015
    February 14 & 15, 2015

What to Expect During the Testing Weekend
    Plan to arrive between 7:00 and 8:00 am Saturday morning. The doors will be locked at 8:00. All documents must be completed and presented at check-in.

All applicants will take a written test. All applicants will complete a preliminary background screening.

Any applicants that do not pass either of these stages will be dismissed.

Police Officer candidates will then complete a physical abilities test. If they complete that successfully, they will be scheduled for an oral interview on Sunday.

Public Safety Aide candidates will participate in an oral interview after successfully completing the written test and preliminary background screening. This will conclude their testing process.

Police Officer candidates should wear gym clothes on Saturday and business attire on Sunday. Public Safety Aide candidates should wear business attire on Saturday.

Special hotel rates have been offered by the Carousel Hotel, 118th Street in Ocean City, for OCPD applicants. A rate of $50 per night is available for the September-February test dates. These special rates may be requested by calling the hotel directly at 1-800-641-0011. Applicants must request the OCPD TESTING rate.

2013 Recruiting Video
    Last edited by MDYoung; 12-05-2014, 10:35 PM.

Anybody have any experience with OCMD PD? Good Bad or Indifferent

Comment

Originally posted by buck62407 View Post
      Anybody have any experience with OCMD PD? Good Bad or Indifferent
      Ocean City is a great place to start your law enforcement career. I don't know if you have visited the town before, but it is the most popular vacation spot in Maryland. The month of June brings a lot of summer events as well as high schoolers looking to celebrate their graduation. There are also numerous events throughout the summer that attract crowds from across the state. The department has about 100 full time Police Officers and hires 140 Seasonal Police Officers each summer.

With it being the beach during the summer time the call for service volume is pretty high. The department does a great job in keeping the peace.

The Seasonal Police Officer position is a great opportunity for people of all ages to get their "foot in the door" if they are interested in a full time law enforcement job. Seasonal Police Officers who have an acceptable evaluation at the conclusion of their employment are given priority consideration for any full-time openings for police officers, and many of the Seasonal Police Officers go on to successful careers in law enforcement with federal, state, county, and municipal governments.

Overall the agency has great equipment and a solid group of full time officers that keep the town safe year round while the seasonal officers help handle the calls in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by MDYoung View Post
        Ocean City is a great place to start your law enforcement career. I don't know if you have visited the town before, but it is the most popular vacation spot in Maryland. The month of June brings a lot of summer events as well as high schoolers looking to celebrate their graduation. There are also numerous events throughout the summer that attract crowds from across the state. The department has about 100 full time Police Officers and hires 140 Seasonal Police Officers each summer.

With it being the beach during the summer time the call for service volume is pretty high. The department does a great job in keeping the peace.

The Seasonal Police Officer position is a great opportunity for people of all ages to get their "foot in the door" if they are interested in a full time law enforcement job. Seasonal Police Officers who have an acceptable evaluation at the conclusion of their employment are given priority consideration for any full-time openings for police officers, and many of the Seasonal Police Officers go on to successful careers in law enforcement with federal, state, county, and municipal governments.

Overall the agency has great equipment and a solid group of full time officers that keep the town safe year round while the seasonal officers help handle the calls in the summer.
        Thanks man I haven't been down that way for 5 years now. Spoke with one guy who use to work for them an to make a long story short he wasn't happy with the department but who knows why. I'm already an officer part-time in PA and my department doesn't allow us to have another job involved in law enforcement so I'm only looking to get full-time. But as with any other department I would expect them to give priority to those who were there as seasonal officers. But over all I hear alot of good things about them. I know when I was down there when I was on the board walk went up and spoke with one of them for a bit and they said that they loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by buck62407 View Post
          Thanks man I haven't been down that way for 5 years now. Spoke with one guy who use to work for them an to make a long story short he wasn't happy with the department but who knows why. I'm already an officer part-time in PA and my department doesn't allow us to have another job involved in law enforcement so I'm only looking to get full-time. But as with any other department I would expect them to give priority to those who were there as seasonal officers. But over all I hear alot of good things about them. I know when I was down there when I was on the board walk went up and spoke with one of them for a bit and they said that they loved it.
          With every department there will be those who love it and those who don't. The general consensus in the Town though is that it is a solid department! I spent three summers down there and had no complaints!

To All: As a reminder the first testing date for OCPD is next Wednesday August 6th. Testing begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center located at 40th Street and Coastal Highway in Ocean City, Maryland. Good Luck!

Comment

Anyone know the pay scale for this department for a full time officer? Can't find it anywhere online. What's the starting and top out and how many years before top is reached? Thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by coreyf2004 View Post
              Anyone know the pay scale for this department for a full time officer? Can't find it anywhere online. What's the starting and top out and how many years before top is reached? Thanks for any help.
              Not sure on the top out. According to their website the starting pay for full-time is $40,304.00.

Comment

The next testing date is a month away, it is never to late to start your law enforcement career!

Comment

I'll be coming down this fall to test. Im currently in the application process for MD State Police and I was curious as to how many full time officers are hired through each process? I'm really only interested in the full time position because my family and I are trying to move into the area next spring.

Comment

Originally posted by dsly724 View Post
                    I'll be coming down this fall to test. Im currently in the application process for MD State Police and I was curious as to how many full time officers are hired through each process? I'm really only interested in the full time position because my family and I are trying to move into the area next spring.
                    It really depends on how many positions are available for most departments. Positions generally depend on a number of factors including how many officers retire/leave as well as how many new budgeted spots are allotted via fiscal budget. Your best bet would be to contact the training division directly for an answer.

Good luck to those who test next weekend!

Comment

Additional Job Posting for Seasonal Dispatcher:

The Ocean City, MD Emergency Services Division hires (20) Seasonal Communications Operators every summer to assist with the demands of the summer season in a busy resort town. Seasonal Communications Operators are responsible for answering calls from residents/ visitors and coordinating responses from Public Safety Personnel (Police/ Fire/ EMS). In addition, Seasonal Communications Operators monitor the Town of Ocean City's Camera System and facilitate Communication between Public Safety and other Town of Ocean City Departments. Seasonal Communications Operators are paid $11.98 per hour.

Testing Dates for Seasonal Dispatcher:
                      December 13
                      January 3
                      January 24
                      February 14

Please direct any questions to Communications Supervisor Janet Guiton. She can be reached by phone (410-723-6933) or by email ([email protected])

Comment

Still a few more dates left to test. To anyone interested, Ocean City is an awesome place to work. Seasonals do 13.26 an hour, full timers start at around 40k. If you're only seeking Full-time, don't bother... From what I remember, it is very rare for that department to hire full time officers or laterals that have never worked for Ocean City. They like to have the officers start as seasonals to evaluate them before deciding if they want to keep them around for full time... so a few seasonals each summer will receive conditional offers of full time employment mid-way through the season. But I knew a couple officers there that were straight laterals and never worked during the summer.

Winter's suck there... long, boring 4/10 shifts. Population goes from the hundreds of thousands during the summer to 8-10k during the winter. But it's relaxing at times. Being a smaller department, its very family oriented, they're all like brothers and sisters. But for anyone just starting out, I'll always remember what my sergeant told us; "You're going to get in to fights, you're going to get hurt... but by the end of the season you'll know whether or not this life is for you"
                        Last edited by wickedta; 01-06-2015, 07:54 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6216 users online. 329 members and 5887 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X