300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about DNR

Hey there, I am planning to apply for NRP next time they have an opening as that area of law enforcement interests me, however my educational background is not in Criminal Justice. Also, as much as I enjoy being outdoors and have several outdoorsy hobbies, none of them are hunting or fishing. It's not something I'm against, just something I'm unfamiliar with and would need to learn more about.

Would I even be considered in the hiring process? The way I look at it I have a little while to take a few law enforcement based or criminal justice based classes to help myself, since I don't believe they hire very often.

For most agencies there is not a requirement to study criminal justice. Often it is even preferred to study something else because that gives you a more diverse background. Eitherway just because you do not have a criminal justice background does not mean you would not even be considered as a candidate.

Other considerations such as test score, physical agility test, medical, polygraph, and oral board scores will be considered throughout the hiring process. My suggestion is if you want to be DNR to just keep your eyes open for next time they are testing and apply. Until then do the best you can to prepare yourself physically while adding relevant experience that would make you more competitive such as furthering your education or job experience. Most importantly keep your background clean.

Comment

Cool! You don't need a Criminal Justice background to get hired. It helps you to move up higher in the ranks. I'm in the same boat when it comes to hunting. You just have to pass their tests. They want to make sure you can follow instructions. Age doesn't matter by the way. Just got to be 21 and over. I took the test on January 30th and I just got my investigation packet in the mail on the 28th of August. I hope that helps.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3230 users online. 168 members and 3062 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X