300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Rockville City Police

When the economy tanked, FOP Lodge 117 understood and limited financial requests at meet and confer. After a few years,https://www.change.org/petitions/roc...e-and-back-pay the city crying poverty while pumping money into capital improvements and continuing large scale special events got somewhat old. The FOP hired a forensic accountant who found that the city isn't as poor as city executive staff tells employees. Your support is requested.
    John from Maryland

I wanted to bump this thread.

PLEASE consider signing this and support Rockville City Police. This is really starting to gain traction and we are pushing to get as many signatures and supporters on our behalf as we can. The city council is starting to realize they can't just ignore us because this time we aren't going away. We haven't seen raises in 5 years when the city has had millions in surplus money every year (even as everyone else was suffering), using the excuse that the economy is bad to not pay us. Even as every other jurisdiction around us are getting their steps and raises back (many even getting backpay), the city is still trying to not pay us.

Please sign and please let others know about this to sign as well.

Thank you for your support!

Comment

Signed and posted on several FB groups.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Thanks Brother

Comment

For applicants who see that eighty grand top figure on the Rockville website, don't expect to ever reach that salary. Those step increases just do not occur. Most of the newer cops (and by newer, I mean under ten years) need to work second jobs.

I made a foolish mistake coming to and staying with this agency. Don't make the same mistake I did.
          John from Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by John from Maryland View Post
            For applicants who see that eighty grand top figure on the Rockville website, don't expect to ever reach that salary. Those step increases just do not occur. Most of the newer cops (and by newer, I mean under ten years) need to work second jobs.

I made a foolish mistake coming to and staying with this agency. Don't make the same mistake I did.
            I am speechless......

Petition signed by the way!
            Last edited by DetJohnShaft; 06-02-2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Shaft. The City Council did not re-implement the steps that the City advertises on its website. There was a COLA and a pay-for-performance one-time bonus that will not be given to employees who have maxed out on their salary.

Oh, and if you drop dead on duty while not actively performing your duties (however that is defined), the City will no longer consider that a LODD.
              John from Maryland

Comment

Signed! That is terrible.
                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                that we are all that stands between
                the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John from Maryland View Post
                  Thanks, Shaft. The City Council did not re-implement the steps that the City advertises on its website. There was a COLA and a pay-for-performance one-time bonus that will not be given to employees who have maxed out on their salary.

Oh, and if you drop dead on duty while not actively performing your duties (however that is defined), the City will no longer consider that a LODD.
                  No problem at all! Just wow....

Comment

I am a citizen who has been the recipient of a few unfair happenings that the local police could not help me with. Every Time they stood there with me, patiently explaining to a very emotional and stressed young adult that the situation could only be handled by doing what they suggested.
                    I appreciate law enforcement for being people and I want them to live a life where they don't hate their job.

I've posted in a few places on Facebook groups, and I'll try to post in local areas for a few other websites. I hope that the overpaid executives receive appropriate pay and that our civil servants are given what they were promised!! <3
                    Last edited by toodarnnaive; 07-06-2014, 07:13 PM. Reason: Used wrong word

Comment

Just some FYI for anyone who wants to apply there.
                      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4782 users online. 290 members and 4492 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X