Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any insight on whether I would be disqualified?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any insight on whether I would be disqualified?

I am a 21 year old United States Marine, I currently serve as a Marine Embassy Security Guard overseas. I also hold a Top Secret Clearance. Prior to coming in the Marine Corps I experimented with marijuana approximately 4 times in 2006 (my freshmen year of high school), I received a waiver for that when I came into the Marine Corps. I have not used drugs since 2006. That same year I was detained for being present during the time of an armed robbery, hanging with people who I thought were my friends, contrary to what my parents said. I was not a willing participant in the crime, the victim expressed that in court, I cooperated with police, and subsequently I was ordered to do community service, and 1 year unsupervised probation. I plead guilty to 1 misdemeanor count of Cospiracy to Commit Robbery, due to the fact I was there. I was NOT tried as an adult. The victim testified that i was not participating in any form. Purely wrong place, wrong time. I documented these 2 events on my SF-86 for my secret clearance, and my top secret. I still have 3 years left on active duty which would put me at 6 years of honorable service, no NJP's, page 11's, or any other disciplinary actions. I would very much like to pursue a career in law enforcement. I am from PG County Maryland and have been actively seeking information. On their questionnaire however it states the they prefer no drug use within the last 3 years. I have a friend who was just denied employment with the same department after not having used for almost 7 years. I have been through grueling background investigations due to the sensitive nature of of my current and previous MOS but I am not sure if PG will hire me bescause of the 2 factors I mentioned before. Can anyone offer any insight? My biggest fear is getting off of active duty and not being able to be hired due to past trangressions. I acknowledge that my past is a factor and accept that. Thanks in advance.

Wait you weren't involved in a robbery yet plead guilty to a watered down robbery charge "because you were there"? That makes ZERO sense. Please explain.
    "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
    I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

What is wrong with you? This has been asked and answered here and several times at that–

http://forums.officer.com/t191773/

http://forums.officer.com/t191158/

You have also asked this on several other sites with the same responses to a nearly identical post, one being this:

I am a 21 year old United States Marine, I currently serve as a Marine Embassy Security Guard overseas. I also hold a Top Secret Clearance. Prior to coming in the Marine Corps I experimented with marijuana approximately 4 times in 2006 (my freshmen year of high school), I received a waiver for that when I came into the Marine Corps. I have not used drugs since 2006. That same year I was detained for being present during the time of an armed robbery, hanging with people who I thought were my friends, contrary to what my parents said. I was not a willing participant in the crime, the victim expressed that in court, I cooperated with police, and subsequently I was ordered to do community service, and 1 year unsupervised probation. I plead guilty to 1 misdemeanor count of Cospiracy to Commit Robbery, due to the fact I was there. I was NOT tried as an adult. The victim testified that i was not participating in any form. Purely wrong place, wrong time. I documented these 2 events on my SF-86 for my secret clearance, and my top secret. I still have 3 years left on active duty which would put me at 6 years of honorable service, no NJP's, page 11's, or any other disciplinary actions. I would very much like to pursue a career in law enforcement. I am from PG County Maryland and have been actively seeking information. On their questionnaire however it states the they prefer no drug use within the last 3 years. I have a friend who was just denied employment with the same department after not having used for almost 7 years. I have been through grueling background investigations due to the sensitive nature of of my current and previous MOS but I am not sure if PG will hire me bescause of the 2 factors I mentioned before. Can anyone offer any insight?
      You were answered and yet you came here to ask again. Got good dose of answers and asked again. Really....quit it.

See: http://policelink.monster.com/topics...maryland/posts

What is it going to take to get through to you? Do you somehow think that if by some off chance someone on a gosh darn website says “ you will be fine, they will hire you” that it will suddenly have some impact on not just your past but also your chances?

Originally posted by SemperFi75 View Post
      I am a 21 year old United States Marine, I currently serve as a Marine Embassy Security Guard overseas. I also hold a Top Secret Clearance. Prior to coming in the Marine Corps I experimented with marijuana approximately 4 times in 2006 (my freshmen year of high school), I received a waiver for that when I came into the Marine Corps. I have not used drugs since 2006. That same year I was detained for being present during the time of an armed robbery, hanging with people who I thought were my friends, contrary to what my parents said. I was not a willing participant in the crime, the victim expressed that in court, I cooperated with police, and subsequently I was ordered to do community service, and 1 year unsupervised probation. I plead guilty to 1 misdemeanor count of Cospiracy to Commit Robbery, due to the fact I was there. I was NOT tried as an adult. The victim testified that i was not participating in any form. Purely wrong place, wrong time. I documented these 2 events on my SF-86 for my secret clearance, and my top secret. I still have 3 years left on active duty which would put me at 6 years of honorable service, no NJP's, page 11's, or any other disciplinary actions. I would very much like to pursue a career in law enforcement. I am from PG County Maryland and have been actively seeking information. On their questionnaire however it states the they prefer no drug use within the last 3 years. I have a friend who was just denied employment with the same department after not having used for almost 7 years. I have been through grueling background investigations due to the sensitive nature of of my current and previous MOS but I am not sure if PG will hire me bescause of the 2 factors I mentioned before. Can anyone offer any insight? My biggest fear is getting off of active duty and not being able to be hired due to past trangressions. I acknowledge that my past is a factor and accept that. Thanks in advance.
      Acknowledge this- STOP asking the same question time and time again.

Re-read the dozens of responses that were spot on and gave some very good insight.

And if your wondering: https://www.google.com/#q=%22SemperFi75%22+police
      Originally posted by SSD
      It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

How can someone this stupid be intrusted to guard an Embassy ?
        My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          Dare I say not stupid- but obtuse. And I don’t mean the angle.

I truly believe the OP is either fishing for an answer to give him that elusive glimmer of hope or is a troll. I am leaning towards the latter given the near exact posting here and on other sites. But we just never know these days.

Quote for the day:

Mea navis volitans anguillis plena est

Navis volitans mihi anguillis plena est
          Originally posted by SSD
          It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Well I can't be that stupid due to the fact that I know it's spelled "entrusted". Maybe I didnt get enough answers on my other post and decided to aim diefferently? I mean this is a forum where you can ask questions so I don't see a problem with it.

Comment

Well I can't be that stupid due to the fact that I know it's spelled "entrusted". Maybe I didnt get enough answers on my other post and decided to aim diefferently? I mean this is a forum where you can ask questions so I don't see a problem with it.
              What in the world are you talking about?

You have received more than a few responses to your conundrum. Just because you didn’t like the answers or somehow thing that they must be quantified in and of itself should not be reason to post this exact same question time and time again- here and on other LE forums.

Yes- this and other forums exist to answer questions, but gosh darn you are not going to hear anything different. You know the answer – accepting it is the next step.
              Originally posted by SSD

Comment

Shop a Cop

Comment

You have zero chance at getting hired with a guilty on a robbery charge. Stay active duty, I guess. Worried about our armed forces

Comment

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

Stupidity: Asking the same question over and over again, expecting a different answer.

If your memory is this bad, you have no business working as a police officer in the first place.
                    If you didn't listen to your parents about thug friends and smoking weed, well, that's typical.
                    In what jurisdiction is conspiracy to commit robbery a misdemeanor? You may be confusing (wrongfully so) juvenile offenses with misdemeanors.

You seem confused; are you sure you only smoked weed four times? Are you sure you aren't smoking it while posting here?

Last edited by slamdunc; 03-03-2014, 04:08 AM.
                    “Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Common sense says you have little to no chance.

Comment

Is that the best you can do.........................

Oh yea, I am the one that got hired at 3 DIFFERENT Law Enforcement Agencies.............retired out of one of them as an Administrator/Supervisor (part of my job was interviewing, backgrounding and training new staff)

THEN found another part time job in Law Enforcement to keep myself out of trouble-----I guess transposing an i and an e is a fatal mistake after 37 yrs.............
                        My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

At least you didn't use the term "encrusted"

Still, NO CHANCE. :P
                          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                          that we are all that stands between
                          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Pretty much zero here. Besides the 6 years of honorable service, you'll be competing against tons of applicants with ZERO criminal background. Usually for every 1 opening we have we get 200-500 applicants.

Comment

How did you get a TS with a felony on your record? especially one so recent.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4296 users online. 271 members and 4025 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X