Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calvert County Sheriff

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone's going to take the Calvert County Sheriff's test April 9th. I'm from upstate New York so the trip down to MD is going to be tough, but obviously well worth it. Does anyone know what to expect in regards to the CCSO hiring process? This would be only my second time taking an out-of-state test (the first being VSP), so I'm curious as to how out-of-state applicants are percieved. Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by jbird25; 03-18-2012, 10:54 PM.

Ill be coming down from PA on the 9th, wonder if they are actually hiring or just making a list
    Originally posted by Rudy8116
    The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Originally posted by CruiserClass
    OC is my last option. I've never met anyone immune to electricity or physics.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. Not sure if you're interested in that specific area, but I know Chesterfield Co. VA also has upcoming tests. I'm currently in the process of setting up my physical agility test date with them as well. Good luck and I'll see you in Maryland!

Comment

Ill check them out, im going to Stafford County VA this weekend and Richmond on the 14th so anywhere in VA is on my radar. Thanks
        The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Comment

Originally posted by jbird25 View Post
          Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone's going to take the Calvert County Sheriff's test April 9th. I'm from upstate New York so the trip down to MD is going to be tough, but obviously well worth it. Does anyone know what to expect in regards to the CCSO hiring process? This would be only my second time taking an out-of-state test (the first being VSP), so I'm curious as to how out-of-state applicants are percieved. Thanks everyone!
          I applied yesterday, so ill be there on the 9th.

Comment

Im guessing you received the same email with the link to the letter?

Comment

Originally posted by ewgl2 View Post
              Im guessing you received the same email with the link to the letter?
              Yeah, I recieved the email with the link to the letter and other requirements. I'm wondering if there will be a large amount of people there or if it will be a small group. What do you guys think?

Comment

I'm going with large group, I'll wager 200+/-

Comment

Wow, that large? I wonder if they are going to stagger the Physical Agility test if the numbers are that high. I can't see everyon doing a dummy pull and running in a crowded gym at once. Even a large outdoor track would be somewhat crowded with that amount of people. Guess we'll have to wait and see :/

Comment

I could be wrong but that is about the average size group that I've been testing with throughout these processes. Had as little as 20 show up to as much as 500, it being a county dept they can tend to draw a larger crowd

Comment

wow thats alot of people lol.

Comment

it's a jungle out there anymore, everybody wants to be the PO-Lease

Comment

Haha guess we'll have to just wait and see!

Comment

I live in Calvert County - and have applied myself - I can tell you from talking with the deputies here in the county that usually there are about 50 or so that apply - but they knock out quite a bit through the initial phases. I do know that right now they are making a list, and I was told the potential start date for the academy is like September.

Comment

Thanks for the information 2ndcareer. I would much rather see fifty people than two hundered. It gives us all a better chance and also might speed up the process. Septemeber for a possible academy date :O that seems not that far away at all! I wonder how many spots they are trying to fill and I also wonder if they run their academy with other departments (I would assume so).

J

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6061 users online. 321 members and 5740 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X