300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montgomery County Police Exam

Anyone taking the upcoming MCPD written? Anyone know the date/time, it's not on their website. I know they are hiring though.

Originally posted by bcpdrpd24 View Post
    Anyone taking the upcoming MCPD written? Anyone know the date/time, it's not on their website. I know they are hiring though.
    Test is October 15th at 8.30. They closed the hiring window though. I heard they have around 600 applications for around 60 positions.

Comment

Thanks. I applied a month ago during the window but I never heard back. It just says "UNDER REVIEW". how did you get that information? Were you mailed something? Trying to figure out if I was supposed to be mailed something.

Comment

Yea I got an email with the invitation. After that, you are supposed to email them to let them know you are attending.

I'd call them monday morning if I were you. They were very helpful on the phone. Oh, there is also the background questionnaire that has to be turned in saturday.

http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/po...nt/pol/app.asp

Comment

Forza, thanks a ton. I'll be calling personnell Monday morning. Out of curiosity did you get your email right away or did it take a while? Sorry for all the questions. Just lookin for some peace of mind till Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
            I heard they have around 600 applications for around 60 positions.
            Good odds in the police hiring world!

Comment

No problem. I think I received the email a few days after the announcement closed, september 22nd I think. Did you check your spam folder?

Also, I remember they said they have 2 test dates, october and november. My last name starts with M, and I guess I am in the first group, testing in october.

flash, you think 10% is good chance? If so, the economy is really really bad

Comment

Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                flash, you think 10% is good chance? If so, the economy is really really bad
                Absolutely! Only about 1% of those who applied for my academy got hired and I think that's common. Gotta remember all the fools who apply and bomb the written or otherwise get immediately DQ'ed. Even then, the number of good candidates is high. Times be tough.

Comment

1st post...thanks for the heads up about two exams. I applied back in September as well and still haven't heard anything about the written test. I guess I will call monday morning as well to try and find out.

Comment

Matt, can you report back?

Comment

I sure can. Probably won't be until late tomorrow night or Tuesday but I am going to do my best to try and call tomorrow before work. Hopefully someone is there even though its Columbus day.

Comment

Did anyone get an email back after you RSVP'ed to the test invitation?

Comment

I got a second email after I rsvped, with the POC invite (pdf file).

I think you guys will be ok, once you call them, they should be able to send you an email for the test. They seemed very helpful so far. See you there next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by flash40 View Post
                            Good odds in the police hiring world!
                            Seriously! I thought the same thing.

Comment

Matt,
                              I called and they told me I'll be getting a letter for the November 19 test.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3974 users online. 192 members and 3782 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X