Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maryland State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maryland State Police

    I was wondering if anyone has an Idea when the next academy is going to be and if it's true that the starting salary is up to $46,000 now.

  • #2
    Next academy rumored to start in January and Current Starting Salary:$40,207.00

    Comment


    • #3
      http://recruiting.mdsp.org/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hamrat View Post
        If you have an issue with MSP's pay, I strongly suggest you email/call your state Reps....their pay is very low compared to PA/DE/NJ/NY/NH/OH and they are very good at their job.

        MD is the richest state now per capita and we pay LE like trash...sad

        Comment


        • #5
          It's worst then the starting pay...their scale has been frozen for years so they havent got their longevity steps either.

          They constantly are held by their throats about over the take home car program.

          I'll be the first to jab at the brown clowns as it's really easy. But they truly are a good agency that constantly gets crapped on.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
            If you have an issue with MSP's pay, I strongly suggest you email/call your state Reps....their pay is very low compared to PA/DE/NJ/NY/NH/OH and they are very good at their job.

            MD is the richest state now per capita and we pay LE like trash...sad
            I completely agree. MD is very underpaid, compared to the cost of living in the populated parts of the state. You can make a decent living off of the salary of a trooper, if you are in western maryland, or the eastern shore.

            I would have to say starting pay is a big reason why they have a problem attracting candidates, and the pay freezes (and reductions) don't help morale at all.

            MSP is in very troubling times now, between being understaffed, and underpaid.

            Comment


            • #7
              Do they get a cost of living pay increase depending on where they are stationed and did I read it right when you said they aren't getting their yearly step increases?

              Comment


              • #8
                MSP has gotten crapped on ever since the "new" Gov was elected the first time. started with him closing J Barrack (annapolis). there has been talk over the past few years of MSP merging with MdTA Police. IMO, if you want to be a trooper, also look in to MdTA. besides on the eastern shore and western MD (full service barracks), MdTA and MSP are pretty similiar.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                  MSP has gotten crapped on ever since the "new" Gov was elected the first time. started with him closing J Barrack (annapolis). there has been talk over the past few years of MSP merging with MdTA Police. IMO, if you want to be a trooper, also look in to MdTA. besides on the eastern shore and western MD (full service barracks), MdTA and MSP are pretty similiar.
                  MdTA NRP and MSP all on the same pay scale. All frozen steps. They just gave the 2% they took away back (well not back, but they are not taking away 2% anymore). MdTA still does not have take-homes.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                    there has been talk over the past few years of MSP merging with MdTA Police. MdTA and MSP are pretty similiar.
                    Merging would make too much sense.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      How is the OT do they get offered it alot

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        MdTA loss their latest appeal for take homes as well...doesnt look like they will get them.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
                          MdTA loss their latest appeal for take homes as well...doesnt look like they will get them.
                          Yup....and all those cars that were purchased to be assigned out are just sitting.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DetJohnShaft View Post
                            Yup....and all those cars that were purchased to be assigned out are just sitting.
                            sold them to MSP

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              MSP and NRP got their steps!

                              MDTA evidently does not have pay parody when it benefits the state. One of those gentlemen agreements...

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5719 users online. 370 members and 5349 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X