Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anne Arundel County PD

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Deputy 908 I tried to answer your message but it is saying user not found.

    They have a timeline in the paper work stating the dates that they are trying to stick by.

    Applied: 4/11 (closed 4/11)
    Written Exam: 4/30
    Physical Agility: 4/30
    Oral Panel: 5/23 - 5/27
    Polygraph:
    Background Investigation:
    Hire: 10/20/16
    Graduation: 5/18/17

    Comment


    • Originally posted by willjr55 View Post
      Anybody, on here, that applied for this recent go round, for entry level officers with AACO?
      I did
      NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
      Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

      Comment


      • okay thanks for the info

        Comment


        • I also tried to respond to your PM and got an error message. They are likely to hire 20-50 off the current/most recent entry-level announcement. They filled two classes of 20-30 off the last one. There are also active lateral announcements.

          Comment


          • any updates?

            Comment


            • Started lateral process recently and had my panel interview last week. Anyone that can comment on current department morale? Saw some older posts regarding it.

              Comment


              • Depends who you ask, but I'd say things are pretty good and improving some. We are hiring quite a bit, just to keep up with attrition, and are becoming a pretty young agency. The fleet is finally being updated and most old cars are being replaced. The biggest problems continue to be staffing and being reliant on overtime to function, salary and retirement is sub par for surrounding agencies, and it seems there are constant battles with the county over pay and benefits. Still, there are plenty of worse places and many are trying to lateral in.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by flash40 View Post
                  Depends who you ask, but I'd say things are pretty good and improving some. We are hiring quite a bit, just to keep up with attrition, and are becoming a pretty young agency. The fleet is finally being updated and most old cars are being replaced. The biggest problems continue to be staffing and being reliant on overtime to function, salary and retirement is sub par for surrounding agencies, and it seems there are constant battles with the county over pay and benefits. Still, there are plenty of worse places and many are trying to lateral in.
                  I've talked to guys who say overtime is a little scarce there, but they were from my department where it's plentiful. You said AA is reliant on OT so I'm guessing it's available? Thanks for taking the time to reply.

                  Comment


                  • While not quite as much as there once was 1-2 years ago, there's still a lot of overtime available. And even more secondary employment opportunities. Lots of money to be made by the motivated officer.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by flash40 View Post
                      While not quite as much as there once was 1-2 years ago, there's still a lot of overtime available. And even more secondary employment opportunities. Lots of money to be made by the motivated officer.
                      Awesome thanks for the response. Well I finished the panel interview, poly, and met with BI today. Hoping all goes well.

                      Comment


                      • flash40
                        Forum Member
                        flash40 (it won't let me pm you)
                        I am a police officer in NC. I am looking to lateral to Anne Arundel County. I grew up in the DMV area and would love to return. How often does AACPD open up the lateral process? Also with the temp tag issue... it's god awful here in NC. They sell them online along with registration cards. It's so hard trying to get pc to pull a car over with a temp tag. Where I work temp tags seem to be more common then regular tags. It's so easy for people to ride around in stolen cards. It's ridiculous!

                        Comment


                        • I am in the background investigation phase at Anne Arundel. The next academy date is August 10. For those that went thru it, where did you live? I'm coming from out of state and trying to figure that part out should I get accepted into the academy.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jcmmdm View Post
                            I am in the background investigation phase at Anne Arundel. The next academy date is August 10. For those that went thru it, where did you live? I'm coming from out of state and trying to figure that part out should I get accepted into the academy.
                            I was from out of state when i applied people live in different places. glen burnie, annapolis, odenton, pasadena, some live out of county. At the end of the day you have to look around and find out whats the best area for you. Look around theres good and bad everywhere.

                            Comment


                            • Anyone know the current work schedule

                              Comment


                              • As much as they’re hiring these days I’m surprised i don’t see more ppl on here. From what i recall, their schedules rotate 6 on, 3 off, 8 hr shifts. Each week you rotate between days and evenings. Nights are permanent and not initially assigned.

                                I’m processing for the July academy, anyone else?

                                Comment


                                • Jdeloatch
                                  Jdeloatch
                                  Forum Member
                                  Jdeloatch commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I'm currently in the process for July. Last interaction I had was March 30th went I met with my BI. I remember him telling me he had to finish all the ppl he was assigned to him done by this month. Hoping I receive a phone call and not a letter in the mail.

                                • EOD_K9
                                  EOD_K9
                                  Forum Member
                                  EOD_K9 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Did you guys make it to AACO PD ?

                                • GoMason
                                  GoMason
                                  Forum Member
                                  GoMason commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I wasnt selected after finishing all phases. I ended up with another agency.

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4195 users online. 269 members and 3926 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X