300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anne Arundel County PD

Has anyone heard anything after taking their poly? The poly examiner told me I passed it but it's been a little over 6 weeks since I've heard anything from them. I was just wondering if anyone else is in a similar position with AACPD and has heard anything.

Originally posted by ins15 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything after taking their poly? The poly examiner told me I passed it but it's been a little over 6 weeks since I've heard anything from them. I was just wondering if anyone else is in a similar position with AACPD and has heard anything.
    You read my mind ins15! I took my poly back in April and was also told that I passed and have heard nothing since. I have kept in touch with my neighbors, references, etc., to see if they have been called or contacted but no such luck. Just glad that I'm not the only one in this situation.

Comment

I was going to make this exact same thread. I passed the poly as well about 3 months ago and haven't heard a thing. I've been having trouble getting a hold of their recruitment section as well.

I did just finish the process with Takoma Park Police (they send their applicants to the same polygraph folks) and the applicant coordinator instructed me AA county is having a lot of trouble getting people to pass the poly. I think it was 6 in 7 were failing it is what I was told.

I hope they still plan on having that October class and it's not a budget issue.

Comment

I did speak with someone in AAPD that helps with the background investigations about a week or two ago and he said that they are starting to hand out background investigations to the people that do them and he reiterated what the dept. usually says that we shouldn't call them because they are busy. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

Comment

So if we haven't heard anything assume we are good I guess then? Did he mention as to when we will be contacted? I would assume the BI would want to contact us once he got started.

Comment

Yeah he said they will contact us eventually. I would agree with you that no news is good news.

Comment

Normally they always contact you...if you haven't heard anything back "negative" then you are still in the process. Departments don't just leave you hanging. Keep the FAITH!!!!

Comment

Did you have your background interview before the poly?

Comment

No flash, I don't believe so.

And that's reassuring to hear blindphaith! Hope it's true!

Comment

Nope, haven't had my background interview yet either.

Comment

Originally posted by ins15 View Post
                      Nope, haven't had my background interview yet either.
                      I have not had mine either. I did go over some of what was in the Personal History Statement Booklet with the polygraph examiner before taking the poly, but that's about it. I hope we all see each other at the Academy!

Comment

A bunch of officers just completed background investigation training, so applicant's packets will begin being distributed shortly.

Given the next class is scheduled for October, the timeline is just right. Hang in there and remember, no news is good news.

Comment

I actually got a phone call from my investigator. I met with him last Monday at the southern district pd to go over my boocklet, he took some pics of my tattoo and other pictures to see if they were gang related, and already called two of the reference!!!!. Im sure u guys will be getting a phone call soon from an ann Arundel investigator.
                          Last edited by wagnermatos89; 07-18-2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Just got the call today to start my background.

Comment

Nice!!!!! Anyone know anything about the academy????

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19361 users online. 516 members and 18845 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X