300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey MoCo, A Lateral Class Please!

Hey MoCo, just wondering if there are any plans to do an all lateral class? Hey, you could get some guys on the street quicker, just a thought!

Current rumor is that they're going to be holding a recruit class come July. I haven't heard anything about a lateral class. I also read somewhere that a group of officers were going to Howard because of budget reasons in MOCO. I don't know what to believe from down that way.

Comment

Originally posted by JDougal View Post
      Current rumor is that they're going to be holding a recruit class come July. I haven't heard anything about a lateral class. I also read somewhere that a group of officers were going to Howard because of budget reasons in MOCO. I don't know what to believe from down that way.
      One of my buddies from 2D said there were 30-40 guys who applied to HCPD. Not to mention all the guys going into the DROP & in the DROP. The Sovereign State will have no choice but to hire soon, and will probably need to take laterals to fill the spots quickly. Haven't heard anything about a July class though.
      MPD Process
      Mass Processing Day - 10/24/15

Comment

Originally posted by 3dot0 View Post
        One of my buddies from 2D said there were 30-40 guys who applied to HCPD. Not to mention all the guys going into the DROP & in the DROP. The Sovereign State will have no choice but to hire soon, and will probably need to take laterals to fill the spots quickly. Haven't heard anything about a July class though.
        Why HCPD? I thought MoCo had good pay/benefits? Why make the switch?

Comment

Originally posted by mp1161 View Post
          Why HCPD? I thought MoCo had good pay/benefits? Why make the switch?
          HCPD has very good benefits, the county doesn't cut salary/benefits of public safety like MoCo does. 20 year retirement, all around a better agency to work for in the minds of a lot of guys I've talked to. MoCo has been doing everything they can to screw with public safety pay & benefits for a while now. Better in the minds of the council to deprive the public of cops & firemen than even consider cutting social programs or education. MoCo is far below the national average in officers per capita & the council doesn't seem to think thats a problem.
          MPD Process

Comment

How bad is the salary cut and benefits?

What is the take-home policy? Have to live in the county?

Comment

Originally posted by mp1161 View Post
              How bad is the salary cut and benefits?

What is the take-home policy? Have to live in the county?
              If you are talking bout Howard Co., salary for entry-level is 45k and the benefits are basically like any other dept I assume from just looking at it. I'm not in LE so maybe someone who is could compare the benefits in more detail vs other depts in general. Yes, there is a take home program but you must live in Howard Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Chamillionaire View Post
                If you are talking bout Howard Co., salary for entry-level is 45k and the benefits are basically like any other dept I assume from just looking at it. I'm not in LE so maybe someone who is could compare the benefits in more detail vs other depts in general. Yes, there is a take home program but you must live in Howard Co.
                No MoCo

Comment

MCPD is not the worst depatment to work for, but the County Council seemingly hates the police and all county employees with the exception of their staffs. If I were a twenty-something looking for a police job, I'd definitely look toward HCPD rather than MCPD.

On the other hand, if I had a choice between MCPD and the pay and benefits package at Montgomery's largest municipal agency......
                  John from Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by John from Maryland View Post
                    MCPD is not the worst depatment to work for, but the County Council seemingly hates the police and all county employees with the exception of their staffs. If I were a twenty-something looking for a police job, I'd definitely look toward HCPD rather than MCPD.

On the other hand, if I had a choice between MCPD and the pay and benefits package at Montgomery's largest municipal agency......
                    Hard to argue with the 20 year retirement in HoCo either.
                    MPD Process

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7067 users online. 363 members and 6704 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X