300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PG Municipal Depts.

Anyone know anything about them? ie.. Size, service type(full or does PG handle most calls), if there hiring laterals(how many openings), and hiring process for laterals. I am a Maryland LEO looking to possibly relocate to PG County. Im mainly interested in Hyattsville, Laurel, Bladensburg, Greenbelt, District Heights. Any info and insight is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

The bigger agencies handle all or most of their calls, including everything through homicides. The biggest is Laurel at around 60 something officers, followed by Greenbelt with 50 something officers. The smaller agencies rely on PG for a lot, including officers to back you up.

Comment

Pm sent...........

Comment

Hyattsville is a full service agency with 42 officers and 14 civilians, and we handle all of our calls. There are 5 to 6 officers per squad and at most times several more working PT in the City, so no need for outside backup.

The only thing we get any county assistance on is homicides.

We are hiring and have numerous openings. www.hyattsville.org follow the Police tab to "Join Our Team" for a printable application. The next test is in late September.

Comment

Can anyone, preferably someone with expertise, tell me what the process is for MPTC certified individuals? Is the hiring process still the same? Or are some of the steps skipped, if so which ones? I.e. polygraph, written exam, physical agility etc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3618 users online. 178 members and 3440 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X