300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being professional at all times...

I'd like to give a shout out to the BPD ****** who just came into the Edgewood Autozone, in uniform, raising hell about your faulty part they charged you for. You might have been wronged but that's not the way do go about getting your money back. You belittled the workers who had nothing to do with the original transaction, according to you. They offered you solutions and you just kept on yelling at them. I understand we all have our days, but how you acted was uncalled for.

I felt embarrassed so much that I had to apologize on behalf of all LEO and try to explain that not all of us are jerks like that. Please, please, please let's try to be professional at all times! Uniform or not.

So what are you trying to say? He probably doesn't even read the boards if hes that dumb.

Comment

and being professional at all times, to me, means not calling someone out on a public forum with something so trivial. why would you feel the need to apologize for him? maybe you just wanted them to know that you are a cop?????

its just so stupid to care that someone caused a scene in a store. maybe he had been back and forth with that place and every time was given the wrong part. i just dont understand why you call him out over something that no one cares about. it wasnt criminal, it wasnt against general orders (assuming he was off duty), and its no different than a Dr. wearing a lab coat or a mechanic wearing a uniform going in and doing the same thing.
      Last edited by jvegas; 05-03-2011, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I felt embarrassed so much that I had to apologize on behalf of all LEO and try to explain that not all of us are jerks like that. Please, please, please let's try to be professional at all times! Uniform or not.
        Your that Guy huh? Didn't have the balls to say it to is face so you come on an internet forum?

Then you call out a whole agency but your a cop? Your a tool man and I highly doubt your a cop. I'm sure that Officer with BPD had a good reason to pull you over and give you a ticket this morning.

Good Day and grow a sac (if your story is true)
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
          Your that Guy huh? Didn't have the balls to say it to is face so you come on an internet forum?
          An internet forum the the poor guy probably doesn't even read. Everyone has there off days, When I have a "professional" work done I expect to get it done not for them to cause me more problems. I'd rather just do the work on my own then.

Comment

I have to agree with both point of views. Any officer in uniform needs to present him/herself in an appropriate fashion regardless if it is an "off" day. Officer's should still try and maintain an appropriate demeanor out of uniform as well as in uniform. However, when you are in uniform it is an advertisement for the entire LE community. Hence, if you act a certain way you are ultimately reflecting all law enforcement personnel (in the eyes of the public). And it is infortunate that one bad act by a single officer can paint a picture in the general public's eye. (we all know one bad act erases a thousand good acts). Overall, langhorn.45 is saying that this officer should have acted in a more appropriate manner. (I wasn't there I cannot judge.) And a good point is made because poor actions can cause a negative stereotype of all officers. But in the same light, langhorn.45, your complaint is somewhat hypocritical. You accuse all BPD officers of acting in the same depiction. Just because one officer acts in poor fashion doesn't mean all BPD officers act that way. Don't knock an entire department for one officer's mistake. We should all know better than to fall into the trap of stereotyping...the general public does it to us everyday. Take into point: is it fair to take the one officer in your agency (the one who is sloppy, lazy, generally unprofessional, only on duty for a paycheck...every agency has one...or more) and have him represent the agency at the National Law Enforcement Week in DC....then have the entire country's LE community say..."oh that agency only hires sloppy, lazy, generally unprofessional officers."? No its not...so instead of bashing fellow blue brother's take into account that we all need one another even though we are cut from different clothes with different disciplines, morals, and motivations. However bashing eachother on a public forum or in person is a waste of time. We have too many people on the streets trying to to take a bite out of our badge/a**. Next time step in the middle of the situation (if possible, again I wasn't there...and try to make a positive difference with regard to a bad situation that your blue brother is involved.) My 2 cents have been deposited.........be safe out there.

Comment

Listen guys, I apologize if I was out of line. I wasn't bashing BPD... I know a lot of great guys who are/used to be BPD. That was not my intention. I was just hoping it could be a reminder to be professional at all times, that's all I promise.

jvegas - I guess I was just infuriated that it was a bad light on LEO's, based on the reactions of everyone in the store at that time. Again, I didn't mean to offend. I appreciate your comments on the matter... I have gained a lot of insight from reading a lot of your comments over the past year or so thank you.

jcioccke - No, I'm not "that guy"... quite the opposite. I do think it wouldn't have helped the situation right there and then to confront the guy. I think it might have just made it worse. Should I have blasted him on this forum? No. Was it my intention to "blast" him? No. But I see now I did not go about it the right way. I hope you can see my true intention. I never called out the entire department... I would never lump everyone together like that. Like I said earlier, I know so many great BPD officers. One thing I do take very seriously is my honesty and integrity... so no I did not just make this story up.

bobby - I appreciate you looking at both points of view. My intention was truly harmless, but I did express it in the wrong manor... again, I apologize.

And to everyone else who might have read this and was offended, but didn't post... I'm sorry, really I am!

Comment

Considering Langhorn.45 is legit. I dont think he put the guy out too much. Not as if he noted his name, badge# etc. I suppose mentioning Baltimore PD is not really proper but I dont see that as a big deal as well. Thats just me. I could care less really. There are worse things happening to cops out there. Regardless of any of that. I dont care who you are. No one has the right to belittle anyone. Especially an off-duty cop in uniform. If in fact thats what occurred. And, I dont care if you are having a bad day. You need to maintain some discipline. Especially If you choose to prance around in public in full uniform off duty.
                Last edited by Joe159; 05-06-2011, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Langhorn were good brother not that it matters. I am just an internet dude anyways. but for what it's worth I appreciate your second post.

People are douch- bags regardless what they do for a living.
                  MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                    its just so stupid to care that someone caused a scene in a store. maybe he had been back and forth with that place and every time was given the wrong part. i just dont understand why you call him out over something that no one cares about. it wasnt criminal, it wasnt against general orders (assuming he was off duty), and its no different than a Dr. wearing a lab coat or a mechanic wearing a uniform going in and doing the same thing.
                    Originally posted by jcioccke View Post

People are douch- bags regardless what they do for a living.
                    You guys are so right. It doesnt matter how he acts off duty...

WRONG

I'm sure it's written somewhere in BPD, as well as most department directives, that you represent the department at all times. He didnt need to act like a ****** bag because he got the wrong part. He should have had the intelligence god gave him to realize that Autozone is nothing more than a Walmart or Shoprite. Some of their employees may have expertise while others may not. Is this how he handles things in uniform? On the street? Its only a matter of time, if not already, that his jacket becomes full of complaints about his demeanor.
                    13O2 Aug '10
                    List: <1000

Comment

Badge heavy

Comment

Last edited by topgunner; 01-17-2013, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Just my .02 worth, but as far as im concerned, if your in uniform(including me) then you need to conduct yourself accordingly. Anyone who has been an officer for more then a day knows that the public only sees the badge and judges and forms opinions from what they see. As far as wearing the uniform off duty, well I personally dont do it. There comes a time when, at least for me, I dont want anyone knowing Im a police officer when Im off duty. If action needs to be taken, and it has before, then ill do it, but I'd rather just not cal attention to myself.
                          I'm not saying this officer was doing this, but I do know officers who wear their uniforms to retail/food establishments in hopes of garnishing the same "discount" they receive when they are on duty. To me thats just crudy. Again, this if just my .02 worth.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3468 users online. 212 members and 3256 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X