300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRP hiring again

NRP is hiring for entry level if anyone is interested. Go to DBM or DNR website for announcement. NRP's own site has not been updated since 1868 so don't look there. Numbers are so bad that if you breath and have a pulse you should have a good shot.

What is the likelihood of someone getting to lateral in on this announcement? I know in the past out of state laterals have been sent to comparative compliance and then on to DNR academy. Is this still the case or are these for true entry level positions.

Comment

What the heck is NRP?

Comment

Originally posted by jws8308 View Post
        What the heck is NRP?
        I'm assuming Natural Resources Police.

Anyone know exactly what they do?

Comment

Originally posted by LochRaven View Post
          What is the likelihood of someone getting to lateral in on this announcement? I know in the past out of state laterals have been sent to comparative compliance and then on to DNR academy. Is this still the case or are these for true entry level positions.
          I don't think you will see another lateral go through the process without having to attend the whole 9-10 month academy. I think the dept. regrets laterals and would rather have someone go through fresh so they can train them their own way. However, don't let me discourage you from applying.

Comment

Originally posted by crowleyd3 View Post
            I'm assuming Natural Resources Police.

Anyone know exactly what they do?
            Oh, ok, that makes sense.

Good question though, anybody know exactly what they do? I have never, ever seen them out.

Comment

Oh, ok, that makes sense.

Good question though, anybody know exactly what they do? I have never, ever seen them out.
              Just found this. It explains a good amount.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marylan...sources_Police

Comment

Just found this. It explains a good amount.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marylan...sources_Police

look @ that jws.... maybe you should apply!

Comment

Originally posted by mp1161 View Post
                  look @ that jws.... maybe you should apply!
                  I don't know, seems like a pretty crappy gig, maybe I will go through the process just to say I did it

Comment

I don't know, seems like a pretty crappy gig, maybe I will go through the process just to say I did it
                    It looks like they have some cool specialized divisions. I might go ahead and apply.

Comment

It looks like they have some cool specialized divisions. I might go ahead and apply.
                      LOL, specialized divisions.......I see that they have a "Tactical Response Team", is that for when squirrels are barricaded inside an attic and refuses to come out?

Comment

LOL, specialized divisions.......I see that they have a "Tactical Response Team", is that for when squirrels are barricaded inside an attic and refuses to come out?
                        Some guys are just jealous they don't get to ride in the Zodiacs and carry flamethrowers.

Comment

Natural Resources Police is a tough gig. Usually outdoorsman, hunters, etc. excel in this career because of the extensive amount of knowledge you have to learn and pass tests on. Not only are you responsible for knowing all the constitutional law that a police officer needs to know, but you're also responsible for knowing wild game law (ie. types of ducks, fish, birds, deer, bears, etc for hunting), legals sizes/sexes/quantities, and seasons you can take. You will be stationed in a state park or on the water in an open craft (getting beat by the sun and the waves). The investigative work they do is mostly hunting/game violations and thus serve warrants across the state for such.

If you're in a park you will come across a variety of people (drug users, public indecency, drunk drivers, fights, etc) and on the water mostly boating violations/illegal taking.

They do have state-wide jurisdiction and take-home cars which is a nice benefit, but to my knowledge their policy doesn't allow for personal use outside of work or citizen passengers.

NRP suffers from a constant lack of budget (merged with DNR several years ago, loss of aviation division, etc.) although the recent gill-netting incident in the bay that brought light into the lack of manpower they have.

Comment

I don't think you will see another lateral go through the process without having to attend the whole 9-10 month academy. I think the dept. regrets laterals and would rather have someone go through fresh so they can train them their own way. However, don't let me discourage you from applying.
                            Some of us might have experience in the field though... say in another state. Maybe have already attended some of the same advanced training they go to... Oh Well.

Comment

I am pretty sure they dont know what they are going to do yet. The all lateral classes soon ended after JWS and I went through so we apoligize for screwing it up for everyone else. I know in the past when they had a good certified officer they would have them skip most of the academy and work in the field and just attend the Natural resources parts with the rest of the class. Hopefully that is something they would consider. It would suck to not hire a good person because they have expierence. It is a tuff job to break into but IMO the juice is worth the squeeze most days.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6021 users online. 337 members and 5684 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X