300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Home Vehicles for Maryland Agencies

I currently reside in Baltimore County (sparrows point, Dundalk, Essex) area and was wondering how Take home vehicles work within the different agencies? I'm looking to lateral to a good agency that allows take home vehicles that would cut down on the commute. Also if you list an agency could you give me an idea of how close to my area I would be allowed to drive the vehicle to? Thanks

Last edited by topgunner; 01-17-2013, 02:11 AM.

Comment

MSP and that's about it with in the Baltimore area limits. Most other agencies may allow them but not unless your within the jurisdiction.

I would not job shop based off of take homes. In this economy they can be taken away very quickly.

It's considered a "perk" and an "expense" by many.

Comment

Maryland Natural Resources Police and Maryland State Fire Marshal all have take homes with no residency restriction (other than in state of course).

Comment

Does anyone know how far Rockville PD allows you to take your take home vehicle to? I live in the sparrows point area and was wondering if Rockville would allow me to take it to the Rockville city limit or what are the boundaries? Thanks

Comment

Plenty of Carroll County Sheriff's Office vehicles can be seen throughout Baltimore County parked at Deputy's residences.

Comment

Originally posted by LochRaven View Post
              Plenty of Carroll County Sheriff's Office vehicles can be seen throughout Baltimore County parked at Deputy's residences.
              And Pa...
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by jws8308 View Post
                Maryland Natural Resources Police and Maryland State Fire Marshal all have take homes with no residency restriction (other than in state of course).
                The Maryland Natural Resources Police still exist??? I thought they merged with someone...

Comment

Maryland Park Service merged with NRP
                  Originally posted by widgeon08 View Post
                  The Maryland Natural Resources Police still exist??? I thought they merged with someone...

Comment

Originally posted by db132 View Post
                    Maryland Park Service merged with NRP
                    Thanks, was just messing with JWS about a state wide merger.

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                      And Pa...
                      ... York County is just the starting point.

Comment

Thanks, was just messing with JWS about a state wide merger.
                        Haha oh and to think I thought I was helping :P

Comment

Originally posted by Bpdsteve View Post
                          Does anyone know how far Rockville PD allows you to take your take home vehicle to? I live in the sparrows point area and was wondering if Rockville would allow me to take it to the Rockville city limit or what are the boundaries? Thanks
                          Rockville PD you have to be in county and can only drive it in county (Montgomery). I'll get back to your pm later today

Comment

I actually think they disbanded......MDE now has the enforcement efforts for the state.

Comment

And here I thought you all were rapped in to a merger of the Baltimore Watershed Rangers... so then the guys in the big blue trucks must be just supervisors.

As noted, just about all eastern shore agencies have a take home policy or vehicle. Perk of working for Delmar is you can take it in to both DE and MD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6614 users online. 356 members and 6258 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X