300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agencies Authorizing .45 Pistols in Maryland

I may have posted this several years ago, but the topic has has reappeared. What agencies in Maryland authorize and/or issue .45 handguns for off-duty/back-up or duty weapons?If you can post or PM the agencies, I can contact their training units to verify for my proposal.

Thanks and be safe.
    John from Maryland

Baltimore County allows for off duty carry of .45's. You have to supply your own ammo and they might regulate what grain you carry. I do not know the details.

Comment

PG allows .45 for certain officers, ie tac & est

Comment

Some of Ocean City full timers also use .45. I think it's their "tac" team.

Comment

Havre de Grace uses .45s.

Comment

aberdeen pd

Comment

Montgomery County does

Comment

MSP , MD NRP, allow the 45 for off duty weapons/secondary weapons. Worcester County Sheriff and Berlin PD carry them as their duty gun in Wo county

Comment

Sarge,

If I remember correctly, Wicomico County Sheriff's issue the .45 Glock as their duty weapon.

Comment

Anne Arundel allows for .45 in an off duty capacity. Maybe as a back-up as well but not sure on that one.
                    "I think it takes a particular coward to criticize procedures that you don't understand; particularly when they apply to places that you don't have the bravery to go" - Battalion Chief John Sullivan, FDNY

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!" - Rev1

"If you reload like old people [email protected], then you need to be behind something that stops bullets." - Blackdog F4i

IGNORE = since9, justme001, opencarry, bsd13, asullivan, okjoe, Patrick Sander, CJ616

Comment

Chuck Norris uses a S&W .500

Comment

Havre de Grace issues G21 .45 for their duty weapon. You're allowed to carry .45 off-duty as long as you qual on it... and so I carry a G30 .45!

Comment

Elkton issues some sort of Sig in .45, or at least they did several years ago, dont know if they have since switched.
                          Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum
                          To err is human, but to persist is diabolical

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7076 users online. 359 members and 6717 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X