300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Police Academy Class 137

Last edited by topgunner; 01-17-2013, 02:08 AM.

how long did the process take you, from the applicant orientation, I'm almost done with school finally, and I'm dying to start the process

Comment

Comment

Hey what's up bro I'm from NYC I'm going to the orientation in April. My question is how is the process and how many classes do they have a year and also do all trooper get take home cars?
        NYPD
        on the job

Comment

It's a little late, but thanks Topgunner 8 months isn't bad as long as I still have my part-time job........ Good Luck in the academy btw

Comment

I guess they hire quicker then NYPD. I took NYPD test 2 years ago I'm still waiting lol.
            NYPD
            on the job

Comment

Is the MSP still actively hiring?

Comment

Originally posted by crowleyd3 View Post
                Is the MSP still actively hiring?
                I don't know if they are "actively" hiring but they do have orientation once a month in my area of MD. At least if you start the process which is attending orientation you would be in the pipeline to be process if they are hiring now or when they do start to actively start processing people if they are not already. I plan to go to the orientation in May.

Comment

They are still hiring. I went to orientation last tuesday and I believe the number was around 90 for a January class. Huge I know.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by topgunner View Post
                      Yes, MSP is actively hiring. Go to their website and look up orientation dates.

Don't bet on it! They say that every time. It'll probably end up being at most around 60 maybe 70. They'll end up graduating 45 or less. Watch. People drop like flies. We've dropped quite a few people in my class so far.
                      Yeah I know. The trooper said thats what they want but he knows they aren't going to get it. Goodluck with the academy, hope to be where you are soon.

Comment

Comment

It's great to get done the process...that's for sure. Took me a little over 8 months, be prepared to "Hurry up and wait." If you pass everything, the nerve racking part is waiting for the final call. Once you get that with the final offer, you can't wait to start the academy. Once you start the academy, you can't wait to get it over with! 6 weeks down already for me. Time is slowly but surely going along. Good luck with the process, just be honest with everything and you'll do fine.
                          8 months?!?! geeze My physical and written is June 13th hope all the rest of the stuff moves quickly then since they are shooting for Jan!

Comment

Comment

It all depends on what they want to do. It also depends on your background. Prior Law enforcement gets first picks, then military experience, college grads, and so on. I was finishing up my 4 year college degree when I first applied. Your record also has a big role in it. I had a few things on my record, nothing serious just a trespassing citation and a couple of speeding tickets. Drug use is also huge. Anything past trying marijuana and you'll have problems. No domestic violence. Sometimes they wait with some people and try to put them into the following academy, other times they will quickly push people through so they can get more people in the next academy date.
                              oh i got ya. yeah i graduate may 23rd so i changed my testing till june cause i needed to focus on exams and final papers and all that j***. i should be good though only ever had 1 speeding ticket and none of the rest youve mentioned. im jealous of u yet not so much lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4504 users online. 244 members and 4260 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X