300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating to MD?

looking for a place to stay? my friend who works for BPD is looking for 1 or 2 room mates to share a 3 BR townhouse in Pasadena. Its about 20-30mins from the academy and only 15 from HQ. its a safe, quiet community and fully furnished (you provide your own bed, etc.) He needs to know by Monday, or else he is ending his lease and moving.

$450 + 1/2 utilities for BPD new hires, 1/3 utilities if he finds 2 people. Negotiable.

the room(s) is gone.

on another note, my wife and I have decided to rent out our basement on a 3-6 month basis, starting january-ish 2011. it will be available to those on this forum that have been hired by Police Depts in the area and looking for a place to stay in MD. you'll have your own living room (52" plasma TV, xbox360, PS3, Wii, cable, internet, wet bar area, small fridge, couches), bedroom with large closet, full bath, use of the laundry room, full use of kitchen, private driveway parking, quiet neighborhood. Looks like we are going to offer it for $600/month plus 1/3 utilities (about $125 month for electric, water, cable, internet, and phone), $250 security deposit. i can provide pics of the space to those interested when the time comes. hoping to have it available for the next BPD academy class, but its open to other agencies as well. we have 2 dogs that we keep confined to the kitchen upstairs. no smoking in the house. for those that hunt, I have access to 80 acres about an hour south. if things work out and its in season, you could be able to use it. i also have a skeet thrower and plenty of room to shoot guns in general. for anyone that likes to off road (jeeps, and other 4x4s), i have limited access to about 400 acres west of here near hagerstown. again, something that is a possibility for you to use, as well. between me working all the time, and my wife being in grad school and working full time, we are pretty much never home.
    Last edited by jvegas; 11-05-2010, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Im guessing no walking around in the nude???
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
        We're talking about Miss Jvegas right? Because I feel like that should be included in the 'utilities'.

Comment

sure you can walk around in the nude downstairs when no one is home. hahahaha just be careful, my shepherd likes to nip.

Comment

Originally posted by jvegas View Post
            sure you can walk around in the nude downstairs when no one is home. hahahaha just be careful, my shepherd likes to nip.
            hahaha.... I passed the word on to some folks I know who are commuting between Philly and DC.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

hahaha.... I passed the word on to some folks I know who are commuting between Philly and DC.
              GD! (thats) a commute.

Comment

the room(s) is gone.

on another note, my wife and I have decided to rent out our basement on a 3-6 month basis, starting january-ish 2011. it will be available to those on this forum that have been hired by Police Depts in the area and looking for a place to stay in MD. you'll have your own living room (52" plasma TV, xbox360, PS3, Wii, cable, internet, wet bar area, small fridge, couches), bedroom with large closet, full bath, use of the laundry room, full use of kitchen, private driveway parking, quiet neighborhood. Looks like we are going to offer it for $600/month plus 1/3 utilities (about $125 month for electric, water, cable, internet, and phone), $250 security deposit. i can provide pics of the space to those interested when the time comes. hoping to have it available for the next BPD academy class, but its open to other agencies as well. we have 2 dogs that we keep confined to the kitchen upstairs. no smoking in the house. for those that hunt, I have access to 80 acres about an hour south. if things work out and its in season, you could be able to use it. i also have a skeet thrower and plenty of room to shoot guns in general. for anyone that likes to off road (jeeps, and other 4x4s), i have limited access to about 400 acres west of here near hagerstown. again, something that is a possibility for you to use, as well. between me working all the time, and my wife being in grad school and working full time, we are pretty much never home.
                That sounds like a hell of a deal. I am not hired yet. My BI said her LT signed off on my case, will go up the chain, and to expect a call soon to discuss date of hire. Do you allow pets? I have two house-trained dogs (a GSD and a GSD/Collie mix).
                Baltimore, where the police are the perps and the perps are the victims

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieKnuckles View Post
                  That sounds like a hell of a deal. I am not hired yet. My BI said her LT signed off on my case, will go up the chain, and to expect a call soon to discuss date of hire. Do you allow pets? I have two house-trained dogs (a GSD and a GSD/Collie mix).
                  sorry, no pets. we already have 2 dogs and 2 more would just be too much. we could maybe make an exception for another small dog, but nothing larger than say a beagle.

Comment

sorry, no pets. we already have 2 dogs and 2 more would just be too much. we could maybe make an exception for another small dog, but nothing larger than say a beagle.
                    Understood. Thanks anyway and stay safe out there.
                    Baltimore, where the police are the perps and the perps are the victims

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4634 users online. 233 members and 4401 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X