300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permit to carry

I recently started working for an armored car company and was wondering how long it takes to process the permit and what steps are still ahead. Any information would be great, Thanks.

I thought it was 90 days but I could very well be wrong.
    Howard County Police Department
    Written Exam Passed: 10/24/09
    Agility Passed: 10/24/09
    Background Packet Handed in: 11/05/09
    Oral Interview: 01/21/10

Comment

I was hoping to get a state trooper's input here but I was told at work it could take up to three months

Comment

It takes as long as it takes to complete your background. Depending on the troopers in the licensing divisons current work load it could take 30 days...it could take 6 months.
        The greatest misconception in police work that gets more officers killed is alot of cops are still taught to use the "minimum force necessary". In reality a true professional will always resort to the "Maximum Allowable Force" to resolve a situation. They mean the same thing, however one is a restriction and the other is an empowerment.

Comment

It dose take about 3 month's, it all depends on the state trooper and your refrence. It took me 9 month's..... just hang in there. Good luck!

Comment

Any special requirements for out of state law enforcement officers? I'm thinking about applying for one, just to add another layer of carrying protection.

Comment

You're protected under LEOSA

Comment

Yeah, but I still here stories down here of folks questioning carry under HR218 in MD. Perhaps this doesn't happen anymore.

On the other hand, I'd like to see about getting one anyway just incase.

Comment

I would never question another officer about carrying other than asking to see your creds. You check out your good to go in my book. Ive stopped officers from Texas, Virginia, DC and Jersey (only ones I can think of off the top of my head) never gave them a problem. You should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LochRaven View Post
                    Any special requirements for out of state law enforcement officers? I'm thinking about applying for one, just to add another layer of carrying protection.
                    Good luck. Other officers have tried to get one for that reason and have been denied. Why? "You don't need it. You are already permitted to carry."
                    "I think it takes a particular coward to criticize procedures that you don't understand; particularly when they apply to places that you don't have the bravery to go" - Battalion Chief John Sullivan, FDNY

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!" - Rev1

"If you reload like old people [email protected], then you need to be behind something that stops bullets." - Blackdog F4i

IGNORE = since9, justme001, opencarry, bsd13, asullivan, okjoe, Patrick Sander, CJ616

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5634 users online. 345 members and 5289 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X