Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP Application Wait Time

All,

Forgive the lame question, but I'm anxious to know the answer. For those of you who have submitted applications to the MSP, how long did it take before you heard anything (positive or negative)? Thank you for the insight . . .

wildcatgc

MSP App Time

I went to orientation back in January 08, started with process, presently under board review for hire, just found out December class cancelled due to budget, no class scheduled so strap in it's going to a long ride. Recruitment was really good in keeping you informed but expect general answers

Comment

When did you find out the December academy has been cancelled? I was told they were looking at a December 7th start.

Comment

Refined Question

Let me refine my question. How long does it take between mailing your application to Pikesville and hearing if you are going to be given the opportunity to take another step (i.e. polygraph, interview, etc.)? Thanks . . .

wildcatgc

Comment

From what I remember I received a call to begin scheduling other steps approx. 3-4 weeks after submitting my application to Pikesville.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatgc View Post
            Let me refine my question. How long does it take between mailing your application to Pikesville and hearing if you are going to be given the opportunity to take another step (i.e. polygraph, interview, etc.)? Thanks . . .

wildcatgc
            Just to clarify (can't tell from your post if you know), the process with MSP is a little different than most others. Applicants must first attend a open house orientation session, which are held around the state (schedule/locations on website). There you learn about the agency and complete a "pre-application." After initial screening, you are invited to the physical agility. If you pass, you then immediately take the written exam, where you receive tons of paperwork and actual "application." Then the rest of the process, which seems to move fairly quickly.

Indeed, the December class has been called off due to budget cuts. Next academy up in the air for spring/summer. This was announced at yesterday's written exam.

Comment

Haven't heard anything about Dec being cancelled yet but if you are just taking the written test you would never make it in time for the Dec class so they may just be saying that. Dates change every day so it may be true, may not be..could be cancelled and than they may end up having it. They already have been approved for one more class so if it is postponed it isn't because of budget cuts. The Dec class was suppose to start Sept, than Nov and was moved to Dec so anything is possible..

Comment

biglab if you went to orientation in January of 2008 and you haven't been hired yet I don't think you will be. They have had atleast 2 classes since than. Why are you being held up for almost 2 years? Most of the tests you take are only good for 1 year. And the physical workout test is only good for 6 months.

Comment

Sorry, got the wrong year, started orientation in Jan. 09, the rest of the process moved along, I got hung up on some of the paperwork for the app, I had to retake the FFAT because 6 months overlapped, I probably will have to take the written all over again since the next class is up in the air.

Comment

I was told that the money that was allocated from the Stimulus back in the Summer has been used and there is no more funding for the December class. HR said they are hoping for something after the first of the year, I also was told many of the academy instructors are being assigned back on the road, that can't be a good sign.........

Comment

Was told by a friend who just finished up in the academy this past Friday and also spoke with HR on Monday and confirmed. I can't imagine that they won't find some money for another class quickly, bc OT will be ridiculous and they are so short handed, I heard back in Summer that there was approximately 100-200 anticipated retires that number has to be growing quickly every month

Comment

Originally posted by biglab21 View Post
                        I was told that the money that was allocated from the Stimulus back in the Summer has been used and there is no more funding for the December class. HR said they are hoping for something after the first of the year, I also was told many of the academy instructors are being assigned back on the road, that can't be a good sign.........
                        That is correct, my neighbors son is an instructor and said the class was canceled and he would be reassigned. You have to feel for the 51 recruits that got that news.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4795 users online. 322 members and 4473 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X