300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer Post's

I live in AACO. I want to join an explorer post. Problem is... AACO doesn't have one, AACO SO doesn't have one.

From my understanding or what I have been told by some posts. You must live in the county which your an explorer in. How is this supposed to work out? Can anything be done to give me acceptance since my county has nothing?

Just wondering what could be done if anything? Is this a lost cause?

"Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"

Contact your local boy scout council
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Whats that going to do? I don't see the connection... What am I supposed to say.

I know the boy scouts have something to do with it... but I really don't know much about it all.

All i know is BSA organizes it... could they get another one started in my county. Maybe like the AACO sheriffs office since AACO PD disbanded it because it wasn't working out.
      Last edited by Gotts56; 11-02-2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotts56 View Post
        Whats that going to do? I don't see the connection... What am I supposed to say.

I know the boy scouts have something to do with it... but I really don't know much about it all.
        Explorers are a division of the boy scouts. Contact your local council and they can arrange for you to join a post even if AAPD/AASD do not have one.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Thanks orlando... I will be calling in the morning.

Comment

Unfortunately if you don't live in the county then there really nothing that can be done as far as i know. Call Learning for Life out of the National Capital Area Council. You contact will be Mr. Pat Golden. PM me if you have anymore questions. I am a former explorer president for the council.
            COMPLACENCY KILLS COPS.

Sean Taylor - 21 - Never Forget

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

Comment

I contacted a lady named Jenna that runs all the explorer programs for AACO.... She was from learning for Life Baltimore.

She told me that a new explorer post is being set up at Annapolis PD but she said there is no telling when it will be up and running... she said maybe by the end of this year... She gave me the guys name at APD and I gave him a call and left a message. She said she would relay to him that I'm interested on top of me calling him. I think shes trying to use me as a motivator to get his butt in gear and get the post set up because she said its been a long process with APD.

Comment

Well me and the officer that is in charge of it have been playing phone tag A LOT. Every time he calls, I'm either in school or football practice. He's an officer so every time i call the station, hes always on duty and out of the station. Still waiting on talking with him :/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6115 users online. 370 members and 5745 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X