300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRP During the winter !

Does anyone know what NRP does during the winter (Cold) months ? Are they still out patroling on the boats or do they do more park/road patrol ?

Parks... like sandy point are pretty much dead in the winter. Not sure about the other parks.

"Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"

Comment

The winter is also a very busy time for NRP. We are responsible for enforcing all the game laws(deer, ducks ext...) which the height of that activity is now through the end of JAN. We have to do all the commercial oyster,fishing,crabbing, and clamming which still takes place in the winter. There is alot going on the Federal side with scallops and striped bass enforcement in the EEZ which we are responsible for. We still handle criminal stuff and traffic when it arises. We are always busy its just our focus shifts with the seasons. We still go out on boats in the winter and are outside even when the temps are at their coolest. Its part of what makes this job fun for some and makes it suck for others. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by widgeon08 View Post
        The winter is also a very busy time for NRP. We are responsible for enforcing all the game laws(deer, ducks ext...) which the height of that activity is now through the end of JAN. We have to do all the commercial oyster,fishing,crabbing, and clamming which still takes place in the winter. There is alot going on the Federal side with scallops and striped bass enforcement in the EEZ which we are responsible for. We still handle criminal stuff and traffic when it arises. We are always busy its just our focus shifts with the seasons. We still go out on boats in the winter and are outside even when the temps are at their coolest. Its part of what makes this job fun for some and makes it suck for others. Hope that helps.
        Man, you need to slow down. You are doing way too much work in the winter months. I think you need to trasnfer to the western region, we party like its 1999 all the time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jws8308 View Post
          Man, you need to slow down. You are doing way too much work in the winter months. I think you need to trasnfer to the western region, we party like its 1999 all the time!!!
          I would if I could get a nice woman who worked at an institution of higher learning to leave the loser she is with and come with me. That and the clan I have living with me. Don't worry I am not over doing it!

Comment

Originally posted by widgeon08 View Post
            I would if I could get a nice woman who worked at an institution of higher learning to leave the loser she is with and come with me. That and the clan I have living with me. Don't worry I am not over doing it!
            I don't think much persuasion would be needed for her to leave me!!! The grass isn't always greener on the other side . But I digress, maybe one day you can convince the wife to move out here. Bring some of your other district officers along too!!

Comment

I applied back in the summer for NRP and I just got a letter a couple days ago saying that due to the budget that they are not hiring right now. Any insight into when hiring will presume because I heard that majority of the force is heading torwards retirement. Any information would sure help. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BNorth1 View Post
                I applied back in the summer for NRP and I just got a letter a couple days ago saying that due to the budget that they are not hiring right now. Any insight into when hiring will presume because I heard that majority of the force is heading torwards retirement. Any information would sure help. Thanks.
                Your guess is as good as the 200+ officers "currently employed" with NRP. That question would be better served is brought to Gov. O'Malley Let me know what he says as those 200+ officers are also wondering I am sure.

That was my sarcastic, but most certainly true, answer to your question. As has been said by many other agencies across the U.S., in these tough economic times, nothing is certain and nothing in known of the future. We, and I am speaking of Maryland State Law Enforcement, are just happy we have a job right now and seem to fight everyday to keep those jobs. Sure, NRP will be facing higher attrition rates with retirement in the next several years. You would think that we would need to replace those positions, and we most certainly do. However, what we want and what the Gov. does is two completely seperate things. The only possible "saving grace" if you would, is the fact that we will have an election year in 2010. That could be good for Maryland Law Enforcement, or it could be bad. Let's hope that its not the latter.

Not the answer you wanted to hear I am sure, but it is what it is in the present.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5924 users online. 357 members and 5567 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X