Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, just got hired back with parks service so it should be a long summer of seeing you guys again... lol

"Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"

Comment

I had my oral board interview this morning. God knows how i did as it was my first ever oral board. I may not have nailed it by any means. But it was a great experience indeed.

Comment

I took the test for MdTA on march 3rd. It was pretty packed in the testing area. Its amazing how many people are removed prior from the start of testing, because they have been involved with drug use recently? I feel like the MdTA test was extremely long? I was caught off guard alittle by the math portion of the test. I passed and now awaiting the march 13th physical. I wonder if my background investigation will move along pretty quickly? I would like to be eligiable for the next academy class, if possible? Does anybody know if the cars are allowed to be taken home?
        PGPD
        Physical & Written: 12/09

MdTA
        Written: 3/3/10
        Physical: 3/17/10

Comment

Originally posted by Agent of SHIELD View Post
          Does anybody know if the cars are allowed to be taken home?
          No take home...they got F'd

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/200...transportation

Comment

I took the test for MdTA on march 3rd. It was pretty packed in the testing area. Its amazing how many people are removed prior from the start of testing, because they have been involved with drug use recently? I feel like the MdTA test was extremely long? I was caught off guard alittle by the math portion of the test. I passed and now awaiting the march 13th physical. I wonder if my background investigation will move along pretty quickly? I would like to be eligiable for the next academy class, if possible? Does anybody know if the cars are allowed to be taken home?
            You might be eligible for this upcomming academy. No take-homes as of now unless you're in certain specialized units. In place of the take-home vehicle MdTA started an incentive skills pay for those officers who qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by mp1161 View Post
              You might be eligible for this upcomming academy. No take-homes as of now unless you're in certain specialized units. In place of the take-home vehicle MdTA started an incentive skills pay for those officers who qualify.
              Thats good to hear. Is the new class expected to begin in april? Also, how does the A.A./B.A. program work? I was told that "additional" courses can be taken? Are these classes taken at the academy? Do i pay for these classes or will MdTA cover the charge?

I hope my background investigation can move along pretty quickly, with result or me being hired? I am extremely anxious to start a career as a leo.

mp1161, are you currently employed by MdTA??

btw, thank you for all the info you have provided!
              PGPD

MdTA

Comment

Thats good to hear. Is the new class expected to begin in april? Also, how does the A.A./B.A. program work? I was told that "additional" courses can be taken? Are these classes taken at the academy? Do i pay for these classes or will MdTA cover the charge?

I hope my background investigation can move along pretty quickly, with result or me being hired? I am extremely anxious to start a career as a leo.

mp1161, are you currently employed by MdTA??

btw, thank you for all the info you have provided!
                All I heard for the next academy start date is "summer" of this year. Expect it to be pushed back a few times; I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen in winter instead.

You get 45 credits towards an associates degree in Criminal Justice or Police Science (something like that) through CCBC. You earn these credits while in the academy so it's a win-win situation: you are in the academy to become a police officer and you are receiving college credits for your work. This is completely free to you, and remember, you make entry-level salary while in the academy. The other 15 credits you will have to take during your own time, but the department has a tuition reimbursement program so you're not paying 100%. I'm not too sure about the "additional "courses" but I would recommend you get your degree because the department gives you a nice financial incentive for it once you receive it.

As I told OnTheFence82, be patient because the process does take a while.

Comment

Hey all just for a FYI the rumor has it that the next academy is going to be in June.

Comment

Confirmed verbally that I passed the oral board and I'm in background investigation phase. I'm pretty much a straight edge so I can't imagine anything coming up but it's not over until it's over so we shall see. While I want this to happen sooner rather than later, I'm learning to enjoy the time it's taking as it's more opportunity to continue improving my physical fitness. If I'm selected and we start in the winter or even June I'll be training till then.
                    I see now they're conducting the PAT at 5th Reg in Baltimore, does that mean they get an even larger turn out? From what I remember there's a 1/2 mile indoor track there right?

Comment

damn, a half mile INDOOR track? biggest ive ever seen indoors is a 1/8 mile and outdoors the standard 1/4 mile

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheFence82 View Post
                        Confirmed verbally that I passed the oral board and I'm in background investigation phase. I'm pretty much a straight edge so I can't imagine anything coming up but it's not over until it's over so we shall see. While I want this to happen sooner rather than later, I'm learning to enjoy the time it's taking as it's more opportunity to continue improving my physical fitness. If I'm selected and we start in the winter or even June I'll be training till then.
                        I see now they're conducting the PAT at 5th Reg in Baltimore, does that mean they get an even larger turn out? From what I remember there's a 1/2 mile indoor track there right?
                        Yeah they just changed the whole hiring process, the PAT is now the first step when you apply. I assume the turnout will be a lot higher now, at least for the PAT.

Comment

I could be wrong. I'm pretty confident the track is bigger than 1/8 mile maybe it is 1/4 mile and just looked bigger because it's indoors. But I digress

Comment

I may be wrong, but i think it takes 1 1/4 laps to run 100m? So that should The 55/60m lanes should run right down the middle of the arena? About 4laps for 300m? I may be completely wrong??
                            PGPD

MdTA

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheFence82 View Post
                              How did you confirm verbally?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner81 View Post
                                How did you confirm verbally?
                                That was just my fancy way of saying I kept calling every 3 weeks or so. I'm definitely interested and want to stay on top of it but don't want to become "that guy".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6278 users online. 390 members and 5888 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X