300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnTheFence82 View Post
    You weren't kidding I received a letter not too long ago that I am scheduled for an oral board interview in early January. Am I correct in assuming that asking at the interview when they think the next academy is to start is in poor taste? As you might imagine I'd like to know but not at the risk of rubbing my potential employers the wrong way.
    When is your interview scheduled for? I took my PT test in November and turned in the pacakage at the end of november. I have yet to hear anything from them. I called SGT Brown, and he said i will not hear anything until FEB as they have record number of applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner81 View Post
      When is your interview scheduled for? I took my PT test in November and turned in the pacakage at the end of november. I have yet to hear anything from them. I called SGT Brown, and he said i will not hear anything until FEB as they have record number of applicants.
      I had mine today. That sounds about right for the time it took for me to get that letter. I guess this economy increased the number of applicants and caused a strain on the recruiting process....or they're just always flooded with applicants. Either way, good luck. Here's hoping we work together.

Comment

Is there any recommended study materials for the written exam? I'm probably going to take it next Wed.

Comment

Its basic knowledge. Basic reading and math.

Comment

Took the written test at orientation today. I passed with an 88. The math section definitely threw me off. It wasn't so much that it was hard, just that I took a little longer than expected to complete some problems since I haven't done problems like that in years. I highly recommend brushing up on your basic math skills before taking the test. Scheduled to take the Physical Agility test in two weeks. Anybody got any tips on that?

Comment

It's fairly simple compaired to most PATs. As long as you are in decent shape you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mperor View Post
                Took the written test at orientation today. I passed with an 88. The math section definitely threw me off. It wasn't so much that it was hard, just that I took a little longer than expected to complete some problems since I haven't done problems like that in years. I highly recommend brushing up on your basic math skills before taking the test. Scheduled to take the Physical Agility test in two weeks. Anybody got any tips on that?
                Yeah make sure you start running now, outside! You will be running on paved street in cold weather and wind will be a factor. Many people drop out of the run & Sit ups!

Comment

I just got my oral board interview date almost after 2 months since i turned in the package. Feel free to offer me advice.

Comment

Has anybody heard of the next testing date? Also, typically how long is the process of applying from start to end?
                    PGPD
                    Physical & Written: 12/09

MdTA
                    Written: 3/3/10
                    Physical: 3/17/10

Comment

Originally posted by Agent of SHIELD View Post
                      Has anybody heard of the next testing date? Also, typically how long is the process of applying from start to end?
                      There used to be an orientation that includes a written test the first Wednesday of every month. Looks like that is changing. The next orientation is going to be March 3rd. Check the website for confirmation and click the Confirmation link. Apparently after March 3rd they are going to change the application process around.

The length of the process depends on when the next academy starts. Who knows how long that is, so I wouldn't hold your breath. The sooner you apply, the better chance you have in being considered for the next class. Good luck.
                      Last edited by mp1161; 02-18-2010, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Curious. When the new guys are done with their training, how do they get placed around. Do they decide or is it depts. priority? Also are they stuck there for the rest of their career or can they move around?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPOLICE View Post
                          Curious. When the new guys are done with their training, how do they get placed around. Do they decide or is it depts. priority? Also are they stuck there for the rest of their career or can they move around?
                          I'm sure MdTA's setup is similar to that of County/City Police's districts/stations.

Everyone in the academy gets a wishlist where they list their top detachments. It will depend on your overall GPA and the amount of openings at the detachment that determines where you get sent. Where you do get sent for FTO doesn't necessarily mean that is where you are going to be after those 6-8 weeks. You can put in a transfer if you want to move to another detachment, or you can put in for a promotion when you are eligible to because when you get promoted you probably arn't going to be staying at the same detachment.

Comment

How does the dept view productivity? Is it more of a security approach or do they support you going out there looking to get into stuff while still doing your main responsibilities?

Comment

Very proactive...

Comment

To everyone in the process: just found out that there will be another academy class this summer (might get pushed back, but it's in the books). Anyone who is still thinking of applying, MdTA is hiring, unlike most departments in MD so apply now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3722 users online. 166 members and 3556 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X