300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
    How many spots do they need to fill for the new ICC?

What is the max allowed for the force?

I'm hearing anywhere from 20-50. The first contract is to be completed Fall 2010, so I bet that most of those in the current academy class will be detailed to a detachment then sent down there as it slowly opens up.

What do you mean by max allowed?
    Last edited by mp1161; 11-05-2009, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by usmanc View Post
      Took the written last night and passed it with 86%. The math portion was tougher then i thought. Plus after all day of work, brain cells were too dead to calculate anything. The physical is scheduled for 19th. Anyone else was there? They took many people out right before the orientation. I assume probably due to drug usage.
      How many people where there?

It's a long process. PM me if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by mp1161 View Post
        How many people where there?

It's a long process. PM me if you have any questions.
        i would say around 50 then slowly decreased to 30. First three row son both aisles were filled. i was the last one to get my test graded. Waited in the hallway for 40 minutes

Are you in the patrol unit?

Comment

I'm hearing anywhere from 20-50. The first contract is to be completed Fall 2010, so I bet that most of those in the current academy class will be detailed to a detachment then sent down there as it slowly opens up.
          Is that what they are saying? LOL. They are going to put it out to all of the vetern officers first before sending you guys down there.

Did you guys put in your wish lists yet? What day/time you coming to BWI for the holiday detail

Comment

Originally posted by GoRavens1224 View Post
            Is that what they are saying? LOL. They are going to put it out to all of the vetern officers first before sending you guys down there.

Did you guys put in your wish lists yet? What day/time you coming to BWI for the holiday detail
            Check PM

Comment

Originally posted by GoRavens1224 View Post

haha owned... jk.

Thats the only thing that I really don't like about MdTA... The airport duty. I'm sure its nice and everything, but I just don't see myself having a good work day being inside an airport all day long. Getting on a plane in the airport is stressful enough.

"Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"

Comment

Originally posted by Gotts56 View Post
                haha owned... jk.

Thats the only thing that I really don't like about MdTA... The airport duty. I'm sure its nice and everything, but I just don't see myself having a good work day being inside an airport all day long. Getting on a plane in the airport is stressful enough.
                That's part of the job. Either take it or leave it. Everyone has to start somewhere.
                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                  That's part of the job. Either take it or leave it. Everyone has to start somewhere.
                  Hey I understand... I'd deffinatly take it, no questions asked. All I'm saying is... I feel sorry for the officers there that don't wanna be there. Like the Sgt's and Corporal's... not officers right out of the academy.

"Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"

Comment

Originally posted by Gotts56 View Post
                    haha owned... jk.

You're not in the airport all day. Can't beat the BWI schedule either.

Comment

What I was referring to was the academy coming down and working during the Thanksgiving weekend.

Most people who work at the airport want to be there. You cant beat the schedule and its really not that bad. It all depends on if you want to work in a car and run traffic all day or work a mix of running traffic and working inside. Minus some of the bridge detachments backing up other departments for calls for service, the airport is about as full service as our agency gets.

We get our thefts, drunks, disorderlys, domestics, and whatever else happens at the airport. I feel its a good mix but it can get old at times just like with anything else.

We work 12 hour days, 14 days a month. We get everyother weekend off too.

Not too much OT available. There is some but its not a lot.

Comment

Did anyone else take turn in their personal history packets recently? I passed the October PAT and turned in my info in 7 days (10/28) and I'm waiting to be scheduled for the oral board now and the wait is killing me. I know I'm not the only applicant and these things take time so I'm resisting the urge not to call every day (not to mention I don't want to become "that" guy and **** off the recruiting and selection unit.)
                        Switching gears for a second, what exactly does the HEAT team do? It sounds high speed but I'm not sure I understand their mission.

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheFence82 View Post
                          Did anyone else take turn in their personal history packets recently? I passed the October PAT and turned in my info in 7 days (10/28) and I'm waiting to be scheduled for the oral board now and the wait is killing me. I know I'm not the only applicant and these things take time so I'm resisting the urge not to call every day (not to mention I don't want to become "that" guy and **** off the recruiting and selection unit.)
                          Switching gears for a second, what exactly does the HEAT team do? It sounds high speed but I'm not sure I understand their mission.
                          Try to not think about the wait because the process will take a while.

The HEAT team does different types of interdiction work using unconventional police vehicles. That is a specialized unit you earn your way into through hard work and notable arrests.

Comment

The HEAT team does different types of interdiction work using unconventional police vehicles. That is a specialized unit you earn your way into through hard work and notable arrests.
                            Yeah, I'm trying to look at the wait as more time to train. Thanks for the info on the HEAT team. Sounds interesting enough but for now it's all about getting through the hiring process.

Comment

You weren't kidding I received a letter not too long ago that I am scheduled for an oral board interview in early January. Am I correct in assuming that asking at the interview when they think the next academy is to start is in poor taste? As you might imagine I'd like to know but not at the risk of rubbing my potential employers the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheFence82 View Post
                                You weren't kidding I received a letter not too long ago that I am scheduled for an oral board interview in early January. Am I correct in assuming that asking at the interview when they think the next academy is to start is in poor taste? As you might imagine I'd like to know but not at the risk of rubbing my potential employers the wrong way.
                                They probably won't know, so I would ask them a different question if you are given the opportunity. Ask your background investigator when you are assigned one. If I knew when the next academy started I would tell you, but who knows

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5388 users online. 296 members and 5092 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X