300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MdTA Police

Is anyone going to the December 2nd written/orientation one with me?

Also, does anyone know if you have enough time to go to college and be MdTA full time? If I were to receive a job with this agency in luck, could I be a fulltime or close to full time student at a community college? has anyone tried this? I wanted to go to college aswell as do this, but I'm not sure of any constraints this job brings on and if it would even be worth it to try and go close to full time? I'm guessing many do parttime.

I knew about the credit thing once you graduate the academy but thats not the field I would want to be in, I want to pursue Homeland Security/Emergency Management. Would their be any added benefits studying something close to the job or does it matter too?

"Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"

Are you going for Cadet or Police?

Comment

Originally posted by Gotts56 View Post
      Is anyone going to the December 2nd written/orientation one with me?

Also, does anyone know if you have enough time to go to college and be MdTA full time? If I were to receive a job with this agency in luck, could I be a fulltime or close to full time student at a community college? has anyone tried this? I wanted to go to college aswell as do this, but I'm not sure of any constraints this job brings on and if it would even be worth it to try and go close to full time? I'm guessing many do parttime.

I knew about the credit thing once you graduate the academy but thats not the field I would want to be in, I want to pursue Homeland Security/Emergency Management. Would their be any added benefits studying something close to the job or does it matter too?
      I think it would be hard to do on-campus classes while having a Full-Time job of any sort, let alone one such as Law-Enforcement that requires odd-hours and sporadic court-time, etc. I think the best bet would to simply do on-line classes. I know University of Maryland (UMUC) offers a lot of AA/BA/Masters programs. So does Montgomery College (MC), etc, etc. Don't know about elsewhere...

Comment

Yeah I'm currently enrolled at AACC but they all have limited online classes i think, not sure about now though. I'll check myaacc and check on it. I've heard about UMUC but it all has to depend on what they offer too...

Anyone know of a good Emergency Management Program around Maryland? most places offer it as a class but not a program. I'm taking one at AACC right now.

Well, I'm applying to be a cadet aswell too so I'm not sure if I still qualify for sporadic court dates.

Comment

Originally posted by hawk46 View Post
          Are you going for Cadet or Police?
          Cadet

Comment

Does the MdTA have much of a Marine division? How hard is it to get into?

Comment

I am going to the one on Nov 4th.

Comment

Nice, I'm waiting til the next one because I think it would look unprofessional if I faxed my confirmation letter in like a couple days before.

Comment

Does the MdTA have much of a Marine division? How hard is it to get into?
                  No idea on how hard it is but I have seen there boats in the inner harbor area around the world trade center. They and Baltimore PD marine unit were on the scene at the water taxi that flipped during the storm a few years ago.
                  I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Ah thanks orlando... I honestly live next to the bay bridge and have never in my life seen their marine patrol haha. I guess its only an inner harbor detail. Their are police boats parked on the docks behind the MdTA building at the bay bridge but they are NRP boats. weird.

Comment

Ah thanks orlando... I honestly live next to the bay bridge and have never in my life seen their marine patrol haha. I guess its only an inner harbor detail. Their are police boats parked on the docks behind the MdTA building at the bay bridge but they are NRP boats. weird.
                      As far as their detachments, they do Bay Bridge, Key Bridge and I think there is one at the Hatem Bridge. The MdTA Marine unit works with BPD, BCoPD, NRP, MSP and U.S. Coast Guard's marine units.

Comment

About time you spoke up there mp... haha

Thanks man.

Comment

Hey just curious... what academy does MTA attend? MdTA's academy??? I never knew and wanted to know since they are closely related under dept of transportation.

Comment

If you are applying as a cadet, I believe your academy is very short. It is not nearly as long as the Police Academy.

It doesnt look unprofessional to send the confirmation letter in now. Just make sure you show up on time for the one that you list. Its up to you if you want to wait.

The marine unit is not a full time unit. They do sporadic checks of the bridges and assists other agencies as called for.

Comment

Hey just curious... what academy does MTA attend? MdTA's academy??? I never knew and wanted to know since they are closely related under dept of transportation.
                              MTA police have sent officers through Baltimore, MdTA, MSP and a few others.
                              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8073 users online. 383 members and 7690 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X