300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Guard Friendly departments

I'm about to commission in the MD National Guard, I'm currently drilling with a unit and attending college. I'll be graduating in May and want to find a job as soon as I get out. I looking into Baltimore City, PG county, and AA county. Once i graduate I may have a lot of down time before I go to BOLCIII( about 3 months of training) so I would like to go to an academy once I graduate and then go to my army training. Would this work. Anybody have experience with this? Any input would help.

Define a lot of down time? Keep in mind most academies are 6 months. So unless you KNOW you have that time blocked off I wouldnt do it.

We had several people in our class in a simuliar siutation. At the end of the day the military let them finish the academy, graduate, and the next day shipped them off for their duty. I wouldnt think this as a rule of thumb though.

I'd personally wait till the military training is done.

Comment

It can be up to a year, even longer. Its a little flexible to my understanding.

Comment

Sounds like you do nt have a lot of time, I would suggest finishing your Guard duties and then applying.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3232 users online. 150 members and 3082 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X