300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGPD Hiring

I don't know if it is common knowledge or not, especially as I was being lazy and haven't looked in the PGPD thread. BUT, Sunday afternoon I was driving and on one of the highways in PG county was a road sign (The one that tells you when there's roadwork or if there's been an accident) on the side of the road saying PGPD was hiring and to apply!

Just thought I'd give a heads up as I know a lot of the departments are slowing down or putting full on hiring freezes. Goodluck!

Thanks. They already have my app. Waiting on them now.
    Howard County Police Department
    Written Exam Passed: 10/24/09
    Agility Passed: 10/24/09
    Background Packet Handed in: 11/05/09
    Oral Interview: 01/21/10

Comment

When your investgator tells you that you are going to receive a letter in the mail is that bad news or good news?

Comment

The County is hiring 50 new police officers with some of the stimulus money thei received from President Obama. That would be 50 in addition to any vacancies that they need to fill.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

Originally posted by FNitty View Post
          When your investgator tells you that you are going to receive a letter in the mail is that bad news or good news?
          If it was after your Oral board, yes.
          <--- "The man"

Comment

yea depends on what part of the process you are in, so ?????????

Comment

Hi IBTP711,

Question.. I am taking the PGPD test very soon, and am wondering how should I prepare for the agility part of the test?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunny12 View Post
                Hi IBTP711,

Question.. I am taking the PGPD test very soon, and am wondering how should I prepare for the agility part of the test?
                If you can run around an indoor basketball court a few times, run up a few flights of stairs and down, and drag a 50lb dummy a short distance then you don't need to prepare.

Comment

If I turned in online application in June, how long would it take for them to sent me an invitation to test?
                  13O2 Aug '10
                  List: <1000

Comment

Originally posted by SGT. Joe Friday View Post
                    If I turned in online application in June, how long would it take for them to sent me an invitation to test?
                    It seems like about a 2-3 month turnaround. I applied in March and received an invitation in late June to take the tests (written and PAT) on Friday, July 9th. I couldn't attend due to car troubles.

A former classmate of mine applied last September and took the tests in December.

Comment

Originally posted by MoCo-Guy View Post
                      It seems like about a 2-3 month turnaround. I applied in March and received an invitation in late June to take the tests (written and PAT) on Friday, July 9th. I couldn't attend due to car troubles.

A former classmate of mine applied last September and took the tests in December.
                      Phew thats a while! Better late than never I suppose. Bummer about your car. I'm waiting for my car to leave me right before an interview or something important
                      13O2 Aug '10

Comment

You can take the test as a walk in, Fill out the App there if you havent already and you will be sraight vs. waiting on a date. Just go up there on the next date, Down load the App so you can get upsatairs to the test faster.

Comment

http://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov...in_officer.asp

Application can be submitted:
                          On line
                          By bringing completed applications to test site on test date (walk-ins welcome)
                          Or mail to:
                          Prince George’s County Office of Personnel
                          1400 McCormick Drive, Room 159
                          Largo, Maryland 20774
                          Last edited by VICTORMIKE6; 08-12-2010, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Sweet baby Jesus thats amazing. Written and physical on the same day? Now I just have to get someone from recruiting to call me back
                            13O2 Aug '10

Comment

Hi Chamillionaire,

Have you taken the exam? Are they really critical on the time that you have to complete the Agility part?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5740 users online. 302 members and 5438 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X