300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard county Citizens Academy

I just send in my application, anyone have any experience with this program. 11 weeks of free 'training/learning' about howard county police procedures and some field training etc. No LE rights after completion, but seems a nice way to get your self acquainted with HCPD.

It's for PR; so the public has a better understanding of what HCPD does.

There are other counties in the state that have the same program.

Comment

Did the one earlier this year and it was a freaking blast! Definitely something that anyone interested in law enforcement should do. You learn a really good amount and the games are fun.

Comment

just got word back it is full. i am on waiting list

Comment

and they called me back, a spot opened up! turns out there were three people that thought they would become an actual police officer going through this 11 week 2.5 hour a week program!! :hahaha:

Comment

How's it going so far?

Comment

good times, missed last night because of family sickness, but so far good times. saw the dispatch and 911 operators area and did a csi thing. missed yesterdays use of force and taser night though. going to the shooting range next week i think.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonV View Post
                good times, missed last night because of family sickness, but so far good times. saw the dispatch and 911 operators area and did a csi thing. missed yesterdays use of force and taser night though. going to the shooting range next week i think.
                Nice. The taser and use of force was pretty cool.

Hope you all have better luck at the shooting range than we did...

Comment

Originally posted by hawk46 View Post
                  Nice. The taser and use of force was pretty cool.

Hope you all have better luck at the shooting range than we did...
                  ha, care to explain further?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonV View Post
                    ha, care to explain further?
                    For about 3 or 4 weeks, it rained HEAVILY on the days we were supposed to go to the range, so we never did. Instead, we did simunitions indoors...

I think that was a lot more fun than we would have had shooting outside though!

Comment

so this class is drawing to a close. one more class and then graduation. this has been a lot of tun. the topics covered although tailored for Howard county were really amazing and eye opening. from gangs to swat and aviation to K9.

we did the simunition thing and got to drive the Lt's CV! i gunned it through the obstacle course and even did the dang thing in reverse when i couldnt go any faster! Hiyoo!

i highly recommend this for everyone. best thing is that it's FREE. online it'll say you have to be a howard county resident, but i mentioned i wanted to become a police officer and they let me in. there we're a few from baltimore county as well as AACo?

They really put some good thought and money into it, and you will not be disappointed!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2690 users online. 140 members and 2550 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X