Baltimore City Police Salary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore City Police Salary

Can anyone tell me what the salary is after completion of the academy. I look at the web site and i know that the starting salary is $41,058, but is that before the academy or after. I am trying to get a rough idea about how muck will i make in about three years.

Originally posted by FutureRecruit2 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the salary is after completion of the academy. I look at the web site and i know that the starting salary is $41,058, but is that before the academy or after. I am trying to get a rough idea about how muck will i make in about three years.
    that is outdated. there is no change in salary after the academy. the starting pay is now 43,xxx

Comment

thank Jvegas. do you know if there is increase yearly as you ar on the dept. for a while. Also do you think that i can live off that salary in baltimore county with a wife and three kids confrontable enough to buy a home in a decent nieghborhood

Comment

Originally posted by jvegas View Post
        that is outdated. there is no change in salary after the academy. the starting pay is now 43,xxx
        Oh, OK. I saw that $41,xxx and thought it was pretty low...

Comment

its about 1k/year for a bachelors. there are yearly pay increases and also usually a 3-5% increase with new contract negotiations through the FOP. the contract increases are not guaranteed. FOP3.org has the yearly step increases listed.

Comment

Are you being generous about BPD.. I thought it was 42,xxx? Not that it's that huge of a difference. BUT, I could be wrong.

Comment

thank Jvegas. do you know if there is increase yearly as you ar on the dept. for a while. Also do you think that i can live off that salary in baltimore county with a wife and three kids confrontable enough to buy a home in a decent nieghborhood
              no, IMO you cannot live off of that salary with a wife and 3 kids. i barely have anything left over after my mortgage and car payment, with no kids/wife. my fiance works and pays utilities and a small portion of the mortgage.

Comment

i know, i cant even afford a bed, i been sleeping on an air mattress for the past two years...maybe thats because i keep buying kimbers
                "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

So is there a raise every year or what. 43xxx is still not enough to live. My goal is to live in York, PA and commute everyday into b-more. is this something that i can do. In the end i would like to see close to $50,000 after a few years. Is that happening.

Comment

So is there a raise every year or what. 43xxx is still not enough to live. My goal is to live in York, PA and commute everyday into b-more. is this something that i can do. In the end i would like to see close to $50,000 after a few years. Is that happening.
                    when I went through the academy, you had to be a MD resident at the start of the academy and not until you got out of the academy could you move out of state. That rule may have changed.

Personally, if I were you, I would look closer to the PA MD line. The houses are a little more expensive, but its something like 40 to 50 miles from york to Baltimore. Thats alot of gas money and miles on your car. Not to mention having to get up with the farmers at 0500 just to beat some of the 83 rush hour. AND court starts at 0900 hrs which is just great when you are working 1600-0000 hrs. shift. Be there or be FTAed.

With Court OT and any other OT you can pick up. You shoudl be able to make 50K. You are on the low end of the pay scale until you hit 3 years then you get the BIG Bump. You get small increases every year until then and every year after.

Moving anywhere with 3 kids is going to be tremendously difficult. As mentioned, I would look at Baltimore and Harford Counties. It won't be easy, but there are places if you look.
                    GO CAVS!!

Comment

Originally posted by MiGuy View Post
                      Are you being generous about BPD.. I thought it was 42,xxx? Not that it's that huge of a difference. BUT, I could be wrong.
                      shut up.

Comment

shut up.
                        hahaha

Comment

seriously, is the salary 43000 now?
                          "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

You can easily make $50,000 per year once you hit the streets. With City Overtime, Baseball Games, Football Games, Foot Races, etc.. I personally believe that that is VERY feasible to reach.

the starting pay is low, but there are more places to do overtime, and as mentioned earlier you get a BIG three year bump and then another GOOD bump at 5 years.

I don't mind where I live, however I'm going to have to have a nice little chat with Baltimore County as they deem my neighborhood "not so good."

Comment

Originally posted by NightStix View Post
                              You can easily make $50,000 per year once you hit the streets. With City Overtime, Baseball Games, Football Games, Foot Races, etc.. I personally believe that that is VERY feasible to reach.

the starting pay is low, but there are more places to do overtime, and as mentioned earlier you get a BIG three year bump and then another GOOD bump at 5 years.

I don't mind where I live, however I'm going to have to have a nice little chat with Baltimore County as they deem my neighborhood "not so good."
                              Maybe this is a PM-type question, but whats a ball-park range of a "BIG" three-year bump? Just curious...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4836 users online. 138 members and 4698 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X