Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore City PD, Hiring Freeze, ....

First off, thanks to everyone for posting some great info on BPD....Tons of great information on the department. Have a few questions hoping someone could answer...

- Will they still be hiring and putting classes through an academy in the first half of 2009?

- Do you think they will continue the 4 day processing for out of state applicants?

- Is their schedule still 6-2 or has it became the 4 10 hour shifts? For the officers that have worked 6 on 2 off, how difficult is that to do? I assume you feel drained a majority of the time

Thanks!

Originally posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    First off, thanks to everyone for posting some great info on BPD....Tons of great information on the department. Have a few questions hoping someone could answer...

- Will they still be hiring and putting classes through an academy in the first half of 2009?as of now, there is no freeze

- Do you think they will continue the 4 day processing for out of state applicants?i dont see why they would stop it

- Is their schedule still 6-2 or has it became the 4 10 hour shifts? For the officers that have worked 6 on 2 off, how difficult is that to do? I assume you feel drained a majority of the time
    the schedule sucks, but i dont really mind it. its not always 6/2. you get 5/3's also. the 4 10hr shifts will be done with as of jan 1.

Thanks!

Comment

Regarding the schedule, NED has been the guinea pig for the 4/3 for a while, and it's actually contractually bound until at least July 09, so it can't be axed until at least then although it's rumored that even if it is, it wouldn't be realistic to do so until Jan 2010.

I honestly can't imagine how NED would survive going back to the 6/2 because it's absolutely gigantic - it's the largest district - and the schedule makes it so there's a 5 hour shift overlap, and thus twice as many officers on the street) during prime time hours. And NED really needs it. It's off the hook now and it's winter. I hear summer is an absolute nightmare...

Comment

Originally posted by Tee.Elle. View Post
        Regarding the schedule, NED has been the guinea pig for the 4/3 for a while, and it's actually contractually bound until at least July 09, so it can't be axed until at least then although it's rumored that even if it is, it wouldn't be realistic to do so until Jan 2010.

I honestly can't imagine how NED would survive going back to the 6/2 because it's absolutely gigantic - it's the largest district - and the schedule makes it so there's a 5 hour shift overlap, and thus twice as many officers on the street) during prime time hours. And NED really needs it. It's off the hook now and it's winter. I hear summer is an absolute nightmare...
        the shift is supposed to end this coming january, not 2010. its already been axed through the FOP.

Comment

.................................................. ......................
          Last edited by Tee.Elle.; 08-31-2010, 12:30 PM.

Comment

i wouldnt say that none of the off's know about it in the ned... the 2 on my shift are the ones stating that she shift ends january 2009. either way, the city has shot down doing the shift across all the districts. i guess we will have to wait and see.

Comment

What is the reason for not changing the schedule? I can't see the officers not liking it, anything is better then thise 6/2 schedules. Is it budget reasons?

Comment

If you go to the fop3 website, you get the idea that it is budget. Can I ask how the shift plays out? Is it 6/2, 6/2, 5/3, 5/3 or is it 6/2, 6/2, 5/3 and then over a few cycles, you end up getting two 5/3's in a row?

Comment

It works like this... YOu get Mon/Tues off.. Then next week Tues/Wed.. Wed/Thurs... Thurs/Fri.... Fri/Sat/Sun... Sat/Sun/Mond.. Then starts the cycle over with mon/Tues off.. So I guess it ends up being..

6/2, 6/2, 6/2, 6/2, 5/3, 5/3.. Then Starts over

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9436 users online. 345 members and 9091 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X