Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Investigations

Hello Everyone...I have two questions regarding BIs

1. Can investigators tell if someone they interview is lying out of spite ( a supervisor, neighbor etc...) ?

2. Also, when they contact employers, do they check/read the personnel file or do they just talk to your supervisor? What exactly are they looking for?

I'm asking this because my supervisor and I don't get along BUT my work is on point and I've never been written up...Please weigh in and have a nice safe weekend!
    Baltimore Police Department
    **Finally :0)**

I would like to think that Background investigators are actually conducting good thurough investigations. Which means taking all of the facts and evidence into consideration and seeing which way it points. So if everyone they talk to says WannaBBPD is a good person except for one guy, they will investigate that one person's opinion to see why they may feel that way. Through that follow up, if it is through interviewing other co-workers, looking at personel records etc. they will see that the supervisors opinion is based on some sort of personal problem rather than a work related issue. Many Background investigators are experienced in conducting all sorts of investigations they should be able to sniff out a rat. You may even get lucky and have your supervisor give an outstanding review just to get rid of you.

To answer your second question, they are looking for things like punctuality, absenteeism, quality of your work, dependability, willingness to accept constructive criticism, disciplinary issues, honesty and integrity.

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBBPD View Post
      Hello Everyone...I have two questions regarding BIs

1. Can investigators tell if someone they interview is lying out of spite ( a supervisor, neighbor etc...) ?

2. Also, when they contact employers, do they check/read the personnel file or do they just talk to your supervisor? What exactly are they looking for?

I'm asking this because my supervisor and I don't get along BUT my work is on point and I've never been written up...Please weigh in and have a nice safe weekend!
      Go here http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/bim/bi.pdf and take a look at pages 101 therough 111. While these are the standards for California, they are pretty common for most agencies. They will give you a feel for how employer contacts are handled.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3814 users online. 201 members and 3613 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X