300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD lateral to BPD or Baltimore county

hey everyone, im currently an NYPD officer with about 1 year on. looking to gain some more time on but was wondering whether or not either or bother the BPD and Baltimore county accept lateral transfers from the nypd... thanks guys

Baltimore County does not accept laterals. Baltimore City accepts in state laterals, not sure about laterals from NY. If they do, you'll have to attend a comparative compliance class (usually 6 weeks). Give BPD recruitment a call, they should be able to tell you over the phone if MPTC (Maryland Police Training Comission) recognizes NY certifications.

Good Luck!

Comment

Baltimore County has accepted laterals in the past few years. It's not common by any means but they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
        Baltimore County has accepted laterals in the past few years. It's not common by any means but they do.
        Currently they are not. 2006 was the last time I remember. It has only been done a few times in the last 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by dmbfan View Post
          Currently they are not. 2006 was the last time I remember. It has only been done a few times in the last 10 years.
          Yeah around 06 is what I remember as well. It's not against any current written policy that I am aware of. It's not common by any means but it's not unheard of either.

Comment

Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
            Yeah around 06 is what I remember as well. It's not against any current written policy that I am aware of. It's not common by any means but it's not unheard of either.
            They must be doing OK in terms of recruitment. Usually they open up to laterals when they don't have enough entry level candidates.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5363 users online. 307 members and 5056 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X