300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some opinions please....

i went to maryland for a condenced application process for state police....passed all the medical,oral board,fittness, written test and everything else, but they still have to do a background check on me. i should have no problem with that, i have good work history, refernces and no crimes or anything like that. the only concern i have is my credit i have afew things going on right now that may not look good, how much will this effect me? also how does the background start??? does someone contact me ?thanks for any input!

Just be honest about everything. A LOT of people have a few credit problems right now but as long as you can explain it you should be okay. And yes, someone should be contacting you about the next steps. If you haven't heard anything in a couple weeks I'd recommend a follow up phone call to whatever contact you have to voice your HIGH MOTIVATION and make sure they have your latest contact info. However, you don't want to do this so often you become a pest.

Someone from MSP that can advise better?

Comment

thank you for the responce

Comment

Minor credit problems, like a late payment or two should be ok. I understand things happen sometimes and so will your background investigator, but poor overall credit shows a lack of responsibility and could definitely be grounds for disqualification. I 100% agree to TELL THE TRUTH no matter how bad it is.

Comment

also, if you are attempting to make good on your debts, you should be ok. if you have past dues that are a few months late, they dont look kindly on that.

Comment

Your credit is not really an issue. If you have had defaults in the past and your credit score is bad...it shouldnt be an issue. The thing we are mainly concerned about is current acounts that are in default
            The greatest misconception in police work that gets more officers killed is alot of cops are still taught to use the "minimum force necessary". In reality a true professional will always resort to the "Maximum Allowable Force" to resolve a situation. They mean the same thing, however one is a restriction and the other is an empowerment.

Comment

Basically what they look for in financial and credit history from what I hear is to see how financially sound you are. first it shows your level of responsibility. Secondly, I also heard one of the investigators tell me when I went through the process it shows people who might be suseptible to taking bribes or stealling money, things like that. basically if you are in financial ruin then you might be more likely to have weakened integrity. So i would ASSUME that minor dings here and there wouldnt be that big of a deal just be completely honest about whats happening with it and i would think you wouldnt have any problems.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6131 users online. 325 members and 5806 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X