300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.S.P Questions?

hello all, i just finished the condenced application prosess with maryland state police because i am from out of state... and i have passed everything well not sure abuot the back ground investigation yet, i was told it would take awhile to finish being out of state. does anyone know what your chance of getting into the academy once you have completed everything? Also i was wondering if anyone knows what month the 134th academy class would begin and how much of a notice do they give you prior to the academy wheather you have been acepted or not? thanks

I've heard January as well. Your chances are the same in state or out, all depending on you yourself. They're not big on advanced notice....I just got called yesterday 9/12 for the academy that starts 9/29. I'm from MA and I did the condensed process as well. Alot of it relies on your background too. They send it to your home state for them to do the investigation, so if they take their time then it delays you (which happened to me).

Comment

Does anyone know if there are certain areas of the state that new troopers are assigned to more often, right out of the academy?

Just wondering what my chances of being assigned to the DC or Baltimore area are, compaired to other counties in the state.

Thanks for your info
      Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

If I start the process now (go to career night tonight, 9/30/08) and everything goes well (pass all stages, clean background etc) would it be possible to make the january class...or would I be processing for the class after january?

Comment

Double Post
          Last edited by BatistaZ28; 09-30-2008, 09:12 AM. Reason: Double Post

Comment

Originally posted by Street_Cop50 View Post
            Does anyone know if there are certain areas of the state that new troopers are assigned to more often, right out of the academy?

Just wondering what my chances of being assigned to the DC or Baltimore area are, compaired to other counties in the state.

Thanks for your info
            Your chances are pretty high, because the barracks in these areas are more dynamic relative to personnel turnover. The barracks located in the rural areas (Western Maryland, the Eastern Shore of Maryland, and Southern Maryland) tend to be more static, in that the Troopers who work those areas are from those areas, and when they get back there they for the most part tend not to take promotional tests, and stay put for their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by BatistaZ28 View Post
              If I start the process now (go to career night tonight, 9/30/08) and everything goes well (pass all stages, clean background etc) would it be possible to make the january class...or would I be processing for the class after january?
              @ the orientation did they definitely say there was going to be a January class?
              Frank Costello: When I was your age they used to say you could become cops or criminals. What I'm saying to you is this... When you're facing a loaded gun, what's the difference?
              -the departed

Comment

How did you get in touch with recruitment? I sent emails, left voice mails, and called over a dozen times at different times of days. Never heard anything back.

I take that as a bad sign and have decided not to pursue the MSP and stick to my other choices. The recruitment staff is the first contact a perspective LEO meets, if they aren't any good, it pops up huge red flags.

Comment

Originally posted by ZachE84 View Post
                  How did you get in touch with recruitment? I sent emails, left voice mails, and called over a dozen times at different times of days. Never heard anything back.

I take that as a bad sign and have decided not to pursue the MSP and stick to my other choices. The recruitment staff is the first contact a perspective LEO meets, if they aren't any good, it pops up huge red flags.
                  Best bet is to call before lunch time and not after 3 pm
                  Frank Costello: When I was your age they used to say you could become cops or criminals. What I'm saying to you is this... When you're facing a loaded gun, what's the difference?
                  -the departed

Comment

anyone here take part in a msp background investigation? if so can you tell as much as you can about it thanks. im waiting to start mine for almost a month now?

Comment

Originally posted by dust216 View Post
                      anyone here take part in a msp background investigation? if so can you tell as much as you can about it thanks. im waiting to start mine for almost a month now?
                      If you still live in Ohio then OHP is likely to do a large portion of it. Give it time as many applicants are in the process for over 1 year. I think some people get spoiled when they hear that others make it through the process in 5-6 months and then expect their process to move just as fast same.

Comment

Originally posted by EC5102 View Post
                        They're not big on advanced notice....I just got called yesterday 9/12 for the academy that starts 9/29.
                        I really wish they wouldn't do that. Some of us have jobs and we don't want to burn bridges by giving improper notice. What if you have to go back there if things don't workout? You never know.. They should at least let you know a month in advance so people can make the neccessary adjustments/accomodations. Telling us 2 weeks before the academy begins is really cutting it close.
                        "The only people you need in your life are the one's who can show you how much they need you in theirs."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3101 users online. 154 members and 2947 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X