300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cecil County Sheriff's Dept.

I seen that Cecil County was hiring, i was wondering if any one here works for them, or has any info about them, like moral, equipment, academy, room to advance? Any info is greatly appreciated.

I was talking to one of my officers who used to work there and they said it was a great place to work. He left for personal reasons, nothing because of the agency.
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

ill have to check it out. Thanks

Comment

Last time I checked, wasnt Cecil county only hiring for certified road deputies?
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
          Last time I checked, wasnt Cecil county only hiring for certified road deputies?
          "DEPUTY SHERIFF

Cecil County Sheriff's Office seeks a Deputy Sheriff with a starting salary of $38,875/year.

Applicants interested in a career as a Deputy Sheriff are encouraged to apply; prior certification is not required. Individuals currently certified or certified in the last three (3) years by the Maryland Police Training Commission to perform law enforcement duties of a police officer are also encouraged to apply. Applicants with out-of-state certifications will be considered.

Applicants must be at least 20 years and 6 months of age and an U.S. Citizen.

Application Procedure: Download the application at the top right of this page. Completed applications can be faxed to 410-392-6841 or mailed to: Cecil County Sheriff's Office,107 Chesapeake Blvd., Elkton. MD 21921. You may also email [email protected] or call 410-392-2118 to request an application.

Deadline: Open Until Filled."

http://www.cecilcountysheriff.org/JOBS/index.htm

Comment

The last time I checked was about a year and a half ago. Im guessing they go to the Harford SO academy?
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

That's a big 10-4.
              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
              that we are all that stands between
              the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I don't work for the Sheriffs Office but I do work very close with the men and women of the Cecil County Sheriffs Office. Being in law enforcement for the past 27 years I can tell you these guys are some of the best around. If I were you I would not hesitate for a minute, I would apply. Good Luck.

Comment

I applied a few weeks ago. The lady with human resources said she had 6 slots to fill, but i turned in an application to late to try to make the December class since they give you six weeks to prepare for the physical test. She said if all the slots dont get filled then she would start trying to fill them at the beginning of the new year. She also said they used baltimore county's academy more often than harfords academy. I hope to get a call to come and take a written test at the beginning of the year.

Comment

Anyone ever heard of people starting out at the Cecil County Jail then going out on the road? I thought about applying to work in the jail and getting some exp then transfering to the road. Any suggestions?

Comment

I am not a CC Deputy but know almost all of them. As far as the jail I would not recommend that avenue to get on the road (strictly this is my opinion). The training is similar however there are many differences in how you would act or react to situations in the jail vs on the road. In my opinion if you are interested in becoming a deputy on the road then I would apply directly for that and not apply at the jail. Hope this helps a little.

Comment

Anybody here work at the Cecil County Detention Center? How is it there? Would you recommend working there?

Comment

Originally posted by kckc88 View Post
                          Anybody here work at the Cecil County Detention Center? How is it there? Would you recommend working there?
                          just wondering why do you want to do county corrections?
                          PRISON- If you build it, they will come...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5883 users online. 328 members and 5555 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X