300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York to Maryland

I hope some of you guys can help me out. I am a peace officer in new york but am looking to move to md. Which agencies can I apply to that will hire me with prior LE experience? Any input will be helpful. Thank you in advance.

They will all hire you if you meet the employment criteria.. You'd just be like every other recruit in the academy, I suppose. I don't think you'd be able to lateral from out of State.

Comment

Originally posted by AREL11 View Post
      They will all hire you if you meet the employment criteria.. You'd just be like every other recruit in the academy, I suppose. I don't think you'd be able to lateral from out of State.
      He's talking comparative compliance. PAC084 your best bet is to research here and decide what agencies you're interested in applying to and giving them a call. Also keep in mind, you have to be from a state that meets the comparative compliance minimum standards to attend an CC academy.

Comment

You may skip the normal academy depending on your training if it meets comparitive compliance. For example, here is the out of state criteria for Anne Arundel County:

If you were previously certified in another state you must provide the following documentation at the time of application:

Certificate of completion from a state accredited police academy
        Detailed course syllabus of your entry level training with an hourly breakdown of course content. (Note: in-service training courses or any supplemental training hours need not be submitted)
        Once received, the documentation will be submitted to the MPCTC for review and approval. This is done on a case-by-case basis and the applicant is responsible for supplying the documentation.

If approved for initial certification with the MPCTC the applicant would still be required to complete a five week "Comparative Compliance" course which includes law updates indigenous to the State of Maryland.
        I would check into the Maryland Police and Corrections Training Commission (MPCTC) requirements for certifications and see if your current training meets the criteria. If so, you should be eligible for hire in almost any agency in the state that accepts comparitive compliance. A quick phone call to various recruiters should answer who accepts it and who doesnt (for example, MSP would not accept it).
        Last edited by Taylor1430; 08-31-2008, 02:14 AM.

Comment

ny to MD

Originally posted by PAC084 View Post
          I hope some of you guys can help me out. I am a peace officer in new york but am looking to move to md. Which agencies can I apply to that will hire me with prior LE experience? Any input will be helpful. Thank you in advance.

You use the term "peace officer" knowing what i know about new york, this could mean anything from NYPD or Sate Police to a Corrections Officer, who never worked the street before.. So the short andswer is it all depends...

If you completed a "Police Academy" and have Police Officer exp. you can try the Comp. Compl. course and try to get MD MPTC certified. If you are a CO, or Special Patrolman, NYC Hospital Police, etc, I do not think those types of jobs will be enough hours to qualify for the MPTC Compl. course.

I would put together a package of ALL your L.E. training, and have it ready to go when you come down here and contact the MPTC and see what the say.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
            You use the term "peace officer" knowing what i know about new york, this could mean anything from NYPD or Sate Police to a Corrections Officer, who never worked the street before.. So the short andswer is it all depends...

If you completed a "Police Academy" and have Police Officer exp. you can try the Comp. Compl. course and try to get MD MPTC certified. If you are a CO, or Special Patrolman, NYC Hospital Police, etc, I do not think those types of jobs will be enough hours to qualify for the MPTC Compl. course.

I would put together a package of ALL your L.E. training, and have it ready to go when you come down here and contact the MPTC and see what the say.

Good luck
            In NYS police officers receive more training hours than peace officers so Im not elgible for comparative compliance. I do however have "street experience" do to the nature of my job and my experience as an aux p.o. with NYPD. I was just trying to see would it be easy for me being an out of state canidate who has LE experince.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2979 users online. 148 members and 2831 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X